DevOps Engineer - massive scale video distribution and storage Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
DevOps Engineer - massive scale video distribution and storage
Engineering | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: NRQ
Brightcove is looking for a DevOps engineer who loves architecting scalable systems with a focus on high volume and high throughput storage and video distribution. You'll be responsible for Brightcove's distributed/clustered storage and distribution platform which acts as an archive and origin server for the content of the world's professional media publishers. This system is central to Brightcove's video delivery, and it operates at truly massive scale, both in the cloud and in Brightcove's private data center. You'll work in a small team environment in an agile and iterative fashion to deliver innovative features and functionality that power the core of Brightcove's video systems.
- Responsibility for the full app stack including network, cloud management, OS, application code and their end-to-end performance and quality
- Ensure high availability of the services you're contributing to
- Follow sound development methodology including coding standards, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Deliver a robust, scalable and resilient platform for the code to run on
- Formulate and implement monitoring and management solutions to automate deployments
- 5+ years experience in systems administration, DevOps, or software development
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or comparable experience
- Systems Administrator level functional experience with Linux systems
- Prior experience with Amazon EC2/S3 or other cloud service providers
- Strong capability in shell scripting and at least one programming language, i.e. Python, Java, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Experience working with large, multi-threaded, scalable Cloud or SaaS applications
- Understanding of load balancing and networking software/hardware, i.e. Citrix Netscaler, haproxy, nginx, AWS ELB
- Experience automating configuration with Chef
- Direct experience with CDN technologies and methodologies
- Hands on experience working with network attached storage and filesystems
- Experience designing and troubleshooting networks
- Experience with nosql database systems, e.g. MongoDB
- Experience in short release cycles, Agile/Scrum/Kanban
- Experience with build and continuous integration (CI) frameworks such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Cruise Control, etc.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services