DevOps/System Administrator Pontiflex
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Pontiflex is a fast growing and successful start-up that's revolutionizing mobile and online advertising. We are looking for a passionate, skilled Engineer to join our team. This engineer will be responsible taking our infrastructure to the next level of scalability and availability.
We have pioneered a new form of mobile advertising called signup ads. With signup ads, local businesses, large brands or mobile app developers can grow their businesses by making the most of the mobile opportunity.
Located in DUMBO Pontiflex is at the center of the NYC technology boom. Voted as one of the best places to work in New York City and called one of the top ten startup's to watch in 2013 we know the importance of working hard and rewarding those that perform.
Culturally we believe in:
- Evidence based thinking: gathering data to make decisions
- Team based collaboration: bringing diverse ideas to shared problems
- Emphasis on delivery: ownership, execution and follow-through
- Self-starter: take initiative, drive consensus
- Think creatively: There is always a way to get there
W A N T E D
One Linux guru. Is in it for the love of technology. Embraces the cloud. devops-minded. Always wants to know what it looks like on the wire. Thinks failover should be automatic. Embraces IPv6. Always verifies host keys. learned python or ruby and never looked back. Revision controls shell RC. Always pageable but never paged. Thinks documented is good but self-documented is better. Has read books like TCP/IP illustrated and K&R's C programming language. Always does it the right way. Never stops learning. Understands ownership. Understands team. Makes others better.
The Pontiflex Infrastructure team is looking for a Systems Engineers that is like us. An Engineer that loves to solve problems and build things. In the role of Systems Engineer you will be building and managing a highly distributed network of Linux servers and services. You will design elegant solutions to difficult problems using your favorite technologies. You will be responsible for automation, scale, monitoring, configuration management, security, networking, distributed computing and pretty much everything else. You will create tools and services that help us become the best mobile, web and social advertising platform.
At Pontiflex we use technologies like Ubuntu, Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, MySQL, Cassandra, and OpenBSD. We embrace open-source and so should you.
- 3 years of Linux System Administration experience
- Great problem solving skills
- Knowledge of network design and implementation
- Experience with systems automation
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to participate in 24/7 on call
- Experience with firewalls using OpenBSD and pf
- Working knowledge of AWS, cfengine, git, hadoop, haproxy, IPsec, MySQL, nginx, NoSQL, Apache, Cassandra, python, shell, networking, cisco
- Proven record designing highly available internet services
- Great benefits (heath, dental, vision, 401k, FSA)
- Voted one of the best places to work in NYC
- Weekly FreshDirect deliveries
- Large deck with lounge furniture, picnic tables and BBQ
||Brooklyn, NY 11201 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Pontiflex is the first open and transparent cost per lead (CPL) market. Pontiflex offers publishers, advertisers and agencies a single point of connection for CPL media buying, management and optimization.
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: New Atlantic Ventures
, RRE Ventures All Jobs: at Pontiflex
|Headquarters:||45 Main Street|
Brooklyn, NY 11201
|Company Profile:||Pontiflex is the first open and transparent cost per lead (CPL) market founded in 2008 by technology experts from Amazon.com and the advertising space. We are very passionate about technology and building a great company centered around our technology.|
Support Pontiflex with Social Media services