DevOps Systems Engineer PowerReviews
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
PowerReviews is the leading provider of social commerce software-as-a-service solutions. PowerReviews Essential Social Suite is the only solution to integrate the 3 key components of social success-Social Content, Social Engagement and Social Measurement- enabling companies to turn social activity into sales. Near Union Square and all types of transportation, our small team of talent represents diversity, innovative thinking and a will to succeed. We are committed to making end-to-end social solutions that blaze new trails for companies to design, market and sell their products.
We've got the Power and so should you!
- PowerReviews is live on over 5500 websites - across 15 languages in 21 countries - including Staples, Drugstore.com, Room & Board, ESPN, Quicksilver, and Jockey.
- Ranked 19th on LEAD411's 2012 Hottest Companies in San Francisco Award
- Customer Reviews Solution Leader in the Internet Retailer Top 500 survey, AlwaysOn Top 100 SaaS award winner, JMP Hot 100 award winner and one of 90 Facebook preferred vendors.
- Venture capital backing from Four Rivers Group, Woodside Fund, Menlo Ventures and Tenaya Capital.
- Two patents since 2009 from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (U.S. Patent No. 7,930,363) relating to the method in which it delivers user-generated product reviews to websites globally.
DevOps Systems Engineer
The ideal candidate will be a Linux system administrator coder with hands-on experience supporting highly available production systems. They will embrace the DevOps movement and are ready to author tools to reliably manage infrastructure.
* Linux systems operations architecture and setup
* Systems monitoring and alerting strategies and implementation
* Design, implement and maintain our system provisioning framework
* Plan and coordinate systems maintenance to ensure minimal customer impact
* Create operational documentation and troubleshooting guidelines
* Participation in on-call rotation schedule
* Implement scaling best practices
* Design, code and conduct reviews
* Good scripting skills in at least one of (Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell)
* Minimum 3 years administrating production Linux systems in a 24x7 environment
* Experience with automated systems provisioning (puppet, capistrano, chef, cfengine)
* Solid understanding of common security principles
* Proficiency with version control (SVN, GIT)
* Capable of explaining highly technical problems in English
* Intelligent and self-motivated
* Fast learner with strong problem-solving skills
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* Live and breathe performance
* Database experience, preferably Postgres
* Experience with bootstrapping solutions (PXE, kickstart, anaconda)
* Cloud computing (EC2, Rackspace Cloud, Slicehost)
* Open source contributor
* BS or MS in computer science or related field
* Previous start-up work experience
Technologies We Use - the more of these you know, the better:
Environments: Linux, JVM
Languages: Java, Ruby, Python, Perl, Bash
Persistence: Hibernate, Postgres, Amazon S3, MySQL
Systems Operations: Puppet, Capistrano
Caching: memcached, ehcache, CDN
Principles: REST, DRY, TDD
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, incentive stock options, and benefits.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED