Devops Team Manager Narrative Science
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Location: ChicagoType: Full time
Job opening ID28
Roles and responsibilitiesThe DevOps Team Manager will lead a team that develops and supports Narrative Science software build and release management systems; builds out and maintains tools for integration testing, performance testing, security and compliance testing; and owns all key operational tooling necessary for machine provisioning, application and service deployment, logging, monitoring and alerting. User experience will be a chief concern for you as well. Your mission will be to provide tooling that is intuitive to use, reliable and, most importantly, time-saving.
Thus, as the DevOps Team Manager, you will do much more than build tools and manage people. You will become the focal point for channeling requirements to improve end-to-end application and service performance, scalability and reliability at Narrative Science as enhancements to the Narrative Science software platform and/or devops tooling. You will also be in charge of forecasting and managing end-to-end capacity as well as operating costs of new large-scale services that Narrative Science acquires or develops.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be fun to work with. People are our greatest assets at Narrative Science. You?ll empower our company through positive attitude as much as you will through smarts, experience and hard work.
- Enjoy managing a team. Building, motivating and mentoring a world-class systems & software engineering team is the most important part of this role. You must excel in recruiting and retaining top talent and excel in day-to-day people and performance management tasks.
- Have a strong understanding of Software Development, Linux & Networking Technologies. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a software development engineer. You will also have a strong level of knowledge in Linux. You will enjoy keeping your technical skills reasonably current, to the point that you can still contribute to architecture discussions. You regularly take part in deep-dive troubleshooting exercises and drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues.
- Have strong project & product management experience. The successful candidate will create product roadmaps for the team. This will include helping innovate and invent new value-add services layered on top of our existing services. You will need excellent technical project management skills to deliver product roadmap items as well as other cross-team projects. Experience with Agile methodologies is an advantage.
- Know how to run a tight, lean, efficient operation. The right candidate will want to measure everything and be very data driven. He/she will excel at using metrics, monitoring and alarming to measure and improve the operational processes and performance of their team.
Skill set- Bachelor?s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience and at least 2 years of management experience
- Minimum of 2 year?s experience operating mission critical online services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
- Strong business and technical vision
- Experience in an internet operational environment, including multiple data centers and thousands of servers
- Success working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with -NIX system administration, Linux/Unix, Perl and Python or Ruby
- Exceptional customer relationship skills and experience of managing vendors
- Ideally has an understanding of and can apply statistical analysis
- Ideally is an experienced user of Amazon Web Services
Work experience5+ Years
||Chicago, IL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED