DevSpandex Program Motley Fool
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
Do you have what it takes to make it in a fun, competitive, collaborative technology environment, and try your hand at a 6-month program? Want to work for one of the best places to work in DC? Love learning about technology? Know what The Motley Fool is and does, and believe in our mission to help the world invest better?
If you've answered yes, you should probably read on...this is where it gets good.
Interested in what our Motley Fool Devspandex Learning Tribunal Program offers?
Here are a few FAQs:
1. Wait, hold on a second...is that the actual name of the job you were talking about before? Errr, yes.
2. It sounds more like some kind of Elder Scrolls game. That's not a question.
3. Where are you located? 2000 Duke Street in Alexandria, Virginia.
4. Ok, cool, but I don't really know Alexandria that well. Is that by a Metro, or will I have to hail a taxi, grab a bicycle, and trek a few miles just to get there? Nope, we are actually across from the King Street Metro station.
5. What abilities do I need to have? Programming experience, database experience, web and internet savvy-ness, clear communication skills, and emotional intelligence.
7. What will I be taught? Classes will cover coding techniques, languages, frameworks, tools, agile process, soft skills, Motley Fool culture and business model, team skills, pairing, communications, and more.
8. What will you pay me? Rates will be competitive.
9. And? As a temporary employee, you will receive a good portion of what every full-time Fool received benefit-wise (such as Pizza Day, Cake Day, and 401k - all of the important things). Health care coverage is not included.
10. Does that mean I need to take care of my own health care coverage costs? Yes, throughout the 6-month term of MFDLTP program.
11. The acronym doesn't really improve it. Again, not a question.
12. If I make it through all 6 months, what will you pay me then? It depends on your performance, but the annual salary will be a competitive industry rate plus what are, in all likelihood, the best benefits you've ever seen.
13. Wait, so I might not make it through 6 months? Heck, you can be cut at any time. You can also decide this isn't for you and leave at any time.
14. How will I be evaluated? We'll gather feedback from your team, your instructors, and the program leader every week for the first month, and then every month after that.
15. So if I do make it through all 6 months, I'll be offered full-time employment with full benefits including health care? That's the plan at the moment. If our plan changes, we will let you know as soon as we know.
16. How many people will be in the program with me? Between 5 and 10.
17. If everyone makes it through the program, are you prepared to hire us all, or is there some target number that have to be cut? At this point, we hope to hire everyone and have no target in mind. But the program will be demanding, and we anticipate that not all of you will make it through.
18. When does the program start? Early 2013.
||2000 Duke Street |
Alexandria, VA 22314
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED