Digital Product Designer, Experience Quirky
We are Quirky.
We make invention accessible.
We believe that the best ideas in the world aren't actually in the world--they're locked in people's heads.
We exist to solve that problem.
We're looking for an amazing and passionate Experience Product Designer to join our team in NYC.
We are looking for an experienced and exceptional Mobile Product Designer to join our Experience Team in NYC. This position is NOT a Product Designer that will be designing the physical products that Quirky manufactures, but rather designing and building the platform on which invention takes place. To be an Experience Product Designer at Quirky means you understand what it means you own and build the products you design. You are of the belief that quality is better than quantity and seek excellence and perfection in everything you do. You create success and you do it quickly.
- Conceptualize and develop ideas for features and products and take them from beginning to ship
- Conceptualizing, wireframing, rapid prototyping, user-testing, interaction design, visual design,
and front-end development
- Work on products and features in close collaboration with other Product Designers, Engineers,
PM's and Invention Ambassadors
- Identifying UI and interaction components and implementing them into existing frameworks
while pushing and improving these frameworks
- Communicating and presenting you and your team's work appropriately to the company and
- Creating experiences that successfully accomplish appropriately set goals
- Crafting experiences that make the complex and confusing the simple and understandable
- Assist in setting overall strategic path for the platform through informed design
- Leveraging data in a way that informs your design decisions
- Contributing your valuable skills to a very, very big movement
- Passion for what we are building at Quirky
- Experience with or a deep understanding of the space and work to show it
- Dedicated and strong attention to detail
- Strong time management and superb organizational skills
- Clear, concise, and transparent communication style
- Action-oriented, diligent, and flexible
- A clear understanding of design-centered processes, proven methodologies for identifying and
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS and knowledge of JS
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) or whatever tools you prefer
- Understanding and experience with Git
- Ruby on Rails web development
- Mobile/Tablet UI development
- iPad/iPhone development
- Experience w/ testing methodologies (A/B, multivariate, etc.)
- Startup Experience
- Experience working on one or more highly-trafficked websites/mobile websites/native
Check us out at www.quirky.com. Register if you have not already done so. Spend some time on our site/app understanding what we do. If you like what you see, please continue.
Submit your resume and application online along with a customized cover letter addressed to me, Steven Walker, telling me why you are right for Quirky and Quirky is right for you.
In order to be considered, you must provide link to your portfolio or some place we can view your work.
We Make Invention Accessible
20 - 50M RaisedInvestors: FreshTracks Capital
, Norwest Venture Partners
, RRE Ventures All Jobs: at Quirky
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||For centuries, becoming an "inventor" has been a hard gig to crack. Complexities relating to financing, engineering, distribution, and legalities have stood in the way of brilliant people executing on their great ideas.
Since launching in 2009, Quirky has rapidly changed the way the world thinks about product development.
We bring two brand new consumer products to market each week, by enabling a fluid conversation between a global community and Quirky's expert product design staff.
The world influences our business in real-time, and we share our revenue directly with the people who helped us make successful decisions.|
Support Quirky with Social Media services