Digital Product Designer - Wink, Inc. Quirky
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Company:
Wink is a subsidiary of Quirky centered on building beautifully designed apps that control Internet-connected products from both Quirky and third-party manufacturers. Wink represents a massive shift in the smart home industry and the way people interact with connected products. In short, it's something you're going to want to be a part of.
We are Quirky.
We make invention accessible.
We believe that the best ideas in the world aren't actually in the world--they're locked in people's heads.
We exist to solve that problem.
We are looking for experienced and exceptional Digital Product Designers to join our team in NYC. To be an experienced Digital Product Designer at Wink indicates that you understand what it means to own a product and you are a builder. You are of the belief that quality is better than quantity and seek excellence and perfection in everything you do. You create success and you do it quickly.
- Conceptualization and development of ideas for features and products that take them from
inception to ship
- Clear understanding about how software and hardware integrate and how the experience should
reflect this interaction
- Conceptualization, wireframing, rapid prototyping, user-testing, interaction design, visual
design, and front-end development
- Work on products and features for native mobile applications, in close collaboration with other
Product Designers, Software Engineers, and client liaisons
- Identify UI and interaction components and implement them into existing frameworks while
pushing and improving these frameworks
- Communicate and present you and your team's work appropriately to the company
- Create fresh, fun, and engaging experiences that accomplish the goals of the end user in a clear
and understandable way
- Craft experiences that make the complex and confusing the simple and understandable
- Assist in setting overall strategic path for the platform through informed design
- Leverage data in a way that informs your design decisions
- Contribute your valuable skills to a very, very big movement
- Passion for what we are building at Wink
- Flexible enough to work on different pieces of the platform as needed
- Portfolio of work for both iOS and Android platforms
- Experience or a deep understanding of the space and work to show it
- Dedicated and strong attention to detail
- Strong time management and superb organizational skills
- Clear, concise, and transparent communication style
- Action-oriented, diligent, and flexible
- A clear understanding of design-centered processes, proven methodologies for identifying and
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and JS
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) or whatever tools you prefer
- Understanding and experience with Git
- Familiarity w/ Objective C and Java
- Experience designing applications that work w/ hardware
- Startup Experience
- Experience working on one or more highly-trafficked websites/mobile websites/native
Check us out at www.quirky.com. Spend some time on our site and Wink app understanding what we do. If you like what you see, please continue. Submit your resume and application online along with a customized cover letter addressed to Nathan Smith telling me why you are right for Wink. In order to be considered, you must provide link to your portfolio or some place we can view your work.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We Make Invention Accessible
20 - 50M RaisedInvestors: FreshTracks Capital
, Norwest Venture Partners
, RRE Ventures All Jobs: at Quirky
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||For centuries, becoming an "inventor" has been a hard gig to crack. Complexities relating to financing, engineering, distribution, and legalities have stood in the way of brilliant people executing on their great ideas.
Since launching in 2009, Quirky has rapidly changed the way the world thinks about product development.
We bring two brand new consumer products to market each week, by enabling a fluid conversation between a global community and Quirky's expert product design staff.
The world influences our business in real-time, and we share our revenue directly with the people who helped us make successful decisions.|
Support Quirky with Social Media services