Director, Business Development Sparta Systems
As a member of the product management and strategy organization you will own the identification of strategic growth options for Sparta Systems. This will include analysis of application and solution whitespace and the corresponding build/buy/partner assessments for areas of relevant opportunity. In addition to the internal whitespace analysis, the field of external acquisitions prospects and potential partners will also be proactively monitored through both research and interface with the investment banking community.
This role will also serve as the primary contact for strategic partners, managing the end-to-end relationship from acquisition, integration, optimization, relationship development, and technical account management.
Due to the strategic nature of the position, this role will have a presence with Sparta executive leadership and will be responsible for communicating justification for investments and partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead the identification of application and solution white space beyond Sparta?s current customer footprint, assess landscape for significant revenue opportunities for Sparta, and determine build/buy/partner strategy.
2. Monitor companies in peripheral landscape that could be acquisition targets through collaboration with outside entities as needed.
3. Develop and maintain standardized methods and tools for opportunity assessment and business case evaluation.
4. Understand and stay current on industry trends, current competitive landscape, competitive landscape around future solution areas, and organic product efforts.
5. Own the definition and articulation of value proposition and fit within the product mix of acquired and/or partner opportunities.
6. Facilitate seamless transition of strategic initiatives to functional groups.
7. Negotiate commercial aspects of partner agreements and contracts, working closely with legal and finance.
8. Manage transition into Sparta?s PLM for product-level partnerships.
9. For pre-existing and new strategic partnerships, manage the relationship on an ongoing basis, including:
a. Setting and managing the cadence of interaction between Sparta and each partner.
b. Serving as the evangelist and driver of expansion of the partner relationships.
10. Continually assess the business relationship.
11. Build the business case for acquisitions, supported by strategic alignment, market context, business analysis, and financial justification.
12. Lead due diligence process with potential acquisition targets.
13. Lead integration planning for acquired entity and drive actual integration in conjunction with outside assistance if appropriate.
1. BA/BS degree required, MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred.
2. Minimum 5 years of work experience in a strategic leadership position directly within or adjacent to Sparta?s market, or within a strategy or business development function.
3. Strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking, and sound business judgment.
4. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
5. Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
6. Proven ability to interact with and influence executives.
7. Comfortable speaking in front of executive audiences.
8. Able to travel 33% domestically and internationally.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Self-starter with excellent organization and time management skills.
2. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, in a cross-functional environment
3. Result Oriented.
4. Ability to assess market needs to position, price and promote product in a B2B market.
5. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, internally and externally, especially with customers and sales-force.
6. Excellent presentation, analytical, and logical skills both verbal and written.
7. Well versed in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
||Holmdel Corporate Plaza |
2137 Highway 35
Holmdel, NJ 07733