Director, Business Development Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Trulia is looking for a rock-star Business Development Director to source, negotiate, sign and implement partnerships with companies in the online real estate industry. The ideal candidate is a passionate leader who can develop and implement partnerships and strategies for significant growth. Areas of focus include:
The ideal candidate will be a rock star with amazing strategic and cross-functional, the ability to synthesize customer and partner feedback into actionable business decisions for product/marketing/finance and a proven ability to get deals done.
- Consumer Audience and Content: source, negotiate and launch partnerships with leading media publishers and other consumer-facing internet publishers.
- Revenue: partner with the Product teams to drive Trulia revenue growth through onsite programs and features, marketing programs for partners and clients, online advertising and ancillary revenue streams.
- Other Business Development Partnerships: identify, source and execute partnerships with companies to accomplish business goals and improve the product experience for consumers and professionals.
- Strategy: Define industry and partner segments and needs, identify/scope/size business opportunities, make a compelling case for resources and execute effectively. Take initiative to find new opportunities to improve the experience for consumers and clients and drive revenue. Develop scalable programs that can be re-applied broadly across the organization without significant product investment.
- Negotiation & deal-making: Ability to identify opportunities, source conversations with partners, structure deals and negotiate creative solutions that optimize for partners' needs and Trulia's business priorities.
- Strategic account management: Comfort and finesse in working with C-level executives at major companies as well as forming new relationships throughout the industry.
- Team work: Partner closely with the Product teams and other Trulia teams to drive business results.
- Business Development:
- Identify, source, manage and grow relationships with online publishers, consumer-facing websites, and technology and data vendors.
- Partner with the Product team to proactively identify opportunities and candidates for new partnerships to drive team goals and to execute partnerships on Trulia.com and Trulia Mobile, including revenue generating and content licensing deals.
- Build and launch partnerships with outbound distribution partners to integrate Trulia's content, functionality and brand on partner websites and mobile applications.
- Proactively build the strategy, business case and plan for M&A within the Business Unit.
- Revenue Growth:
- Drive team revenue and the supporting programs to hit targets.
- Work with Finance, Accounting, Product Management and Snr Management to set appropriate targets and drive results.
- Build and manage a team to peak performance and delivery.
- Must have experience in one or more of the following areas: business strategy, business development, internet marketing, product management and/or the Real Estate industry.
- Proven track record in identifying, building and managing complex business partnerships that involve product integration and revenue and cost management.
- Ability to develop a comprehensive industry strategy and actionable operating plan to accomplish goals
- Data-driven decision maker.
- Team player â€" we're firm believers that the harder you work, the more fun you need to have. You'll be expected to jump in as needed on a variety of company projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree a must, MBA preferred.
- Preferred experience in Product Management and/or Strategy in the online publisher or consumer internet industries.
- San Francisco based; travel as business priorities dictate.
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED