Director, Business & Legal Affairs - Domain Services Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director, Business & Legal Affairs - Domain Services
Legal | Kirkland, WA, United States
If you are an experienced Attorney, who can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented, and project-driven environment, this is an exciting opportunity to join our domain name services team in Kirkland, WA. We are a leading end to end domain name services provider, operating a platform that makes it easy for consumers and businesses to buy and sell domain names.
This is also an opportunity to join a passionate and motivated team that is in the process of becoming a standalone public company. In February 2013, Demand Media announced that it was exploring the separation of its existing business into two independent, publicly-traded companies: a pure play media company and a pure play domain name services company.
Some of our existing Legal team will remain focused on the pure play media company, so this will be a key and exciting role on the domain name services team as we execute this separation. We have lots to do, and we need someone who will embrace the challenge, appreciate the opportunity to add value, take ownership and deliver.
- Reporting to the general counsel, the corporate and securities attorney will assume primary responsibility for all corporate governance and securities matters, including Securities Act and Exchange Act compliance.
- Provide counsel to the Company's Board of Directors, including participation in Board and Board committee meetings.
- Operate as a business partner for the CEO, President, CFO, and other senior management.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of legal and corporate policies and procedures with other members of Demand Media's legal team.
- Assist the Company with mergers and acquisitions.
- Assist in the negotiation of the company's major commercial contracts, including customer agreements, software, content and intellectual property licenses, and technology service agreements.
- Manage outside counsel.
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F.
- Bachelor's degree and Juris Doctor required.
- Minimum 8 years of pertinent corporate and securities law firm and in-house corporate practice.
- In depth experience with the Securities and Exchange Acts of 1933 and 1934.
- Thorough comprehension of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and strong corporate governance experience.
- Public company experience.
- Thorough understanding of the Internet industry, including experience with consumer-facing websites.
- Exceptional negotiation, persuasion, and communication skills
- Excellent management and leadership capabilities.
- Passionate about technology and the Internet.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Kirkland, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED