Director, Business & Legal Affairs Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Legal | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
Demand Media is seeking an outstanding, director-level corporate and business transactions attorney to join our company reporting to the Vice President, Assistant General Counsel.
- Assist in corporate governance and securities matters, including Securities Act and Exchange Act compliance.
- Negotiate, draft, and analyze licensing, content production, advertising, sales, registrar, domain sales, software, technical service, promotion, and business development agreements.
- Advise business throughout the United States and internationally about legal risks, negotiation strategies, and best practices.
- Assist the Company with mergers and acquisitions.
- Develop, monitor and oversee the implementation of legal and corporate policies and procedures with other members of Demand Media's legal team.
- Assist in dispute resolution, including responding to claims against Demand Media and preparing cease and desist letters.
- Manage and guide outside counsel.
- Bachelor's degree and Juris Doctor required.
- Minimum 5-8 years of pertinent corporate and business transactions law firm and in-house corporate experience.
- In depth experience with the Securities Act of 1933 and Exchange Act of 1934.
- Public company experience a plus.
- Mergers and Acquisitions experience strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of the Internet industry, including experience with consumer-facing websites.
- Exceptional negotiation, persuasion, and communication skills
- Excellent management and leadership capabilities.
- Passionate about technology and the Internet.
- Excellent references a requirement.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED