Director, Corporate Communications
ACTIVE is in process of transforming its go to market approach. Traditionally recognized as a lifestyle company, ACTIVE is focused on becoming known as the technology leader we are. We create technology that transforms the way activity organizers of every type, and every size manage activities. Across communities, outdoors, business events and sports, we power 50,000 customers and handle over 80 million registrations a year.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative, connected technology and communications superstar to lead this transformation to the outside world. This role reports to the VP of Corporate and Consumer Marketing. Location: San Francisco or San Diego.
- Develop a break-through industry outreach strategy through leveraging the right balance of traditional PR, social media, customer evangelism, byline articles, thought leadership, analyst relations, awards platforms, and other online and offline programs/events to reinforce corporate positioning that ACTIVE is the technology that powers activity.
- Partner with other functions including General Management, Marketing, Product & Technology to drive overall company messaging and provide specific, measureable business results.
- Create a corporate social media strategy (including crisis management) and develop a cross-functional center of social excellence.
- Raise the profile of key executives via trade byline articles, trade and press opportunities and public speaking opportunities.
- Partner with Finance to manage all IR activities.
- Communicate key strategic communication pillars including business transformation, innovation and leadership of the activities space.
- Manage relationships with outside agencies, both domestic and international.
- Budget management, results and ROI reporting.
- Mentor, train and grow the communications team.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a corporate public relations function and/or agency focused on B2B technology.
- Public company experience preferred.
- Experience in managing and developing a team of PR professionals.
- Excellent existing relationships with technology press & national business media.
- Senior level management and leadership experience; international experience; quantitative approach to measuring results.
- Strong writing, interpersonal, communications, and media relation skills.
- Ability to set priorities and be flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field Master's Degree a plus
|Location:||San Diego, CA |
|Headquarters:||10182 Telesis Court|
San Diego, CA 92121
|Industry:||Business Products and Services|