Director - Engagement Management (Central) Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings?Â
You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on two 2012 âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
The Professional Services Director - Engagement Management will be responsible for managing a team of Engagement Managers in addition to providing engagement support on some of our most strategic projects. This position will be responsible for assisting to build the Engagement Manager practice by hiring, mentoring, and managing a team of Engagement Managers. Â The Director â Engagement Management will also work with the Workday Resource Management Team, Consulting Managers, and Business Development teams to determine appropriate staffing plans, assemble project teams and resolve resource challenges to successfully deliver Workday projects.
- Expert in Workdayâs deployment methodology and ensure complianceÂ on all Workday primed engagements
- Assist in determining staffing requirements to meet business objectives
- Successfully recruit, hire and onboard new Engagement Managers through continuous coaching and mentoring on Workday methodology, processes and policies
- Supervise Engagement Managers according to Workdayâs PMO policies and procedures
- Develop Engagement Managers to maximize their potential including monitoring performance against performance goals
- Monitor utilization and assist with allocating available resources
- Responsible for assisting with achieving departmental utilization, revenue, and quality goals
- Work with Resource Management and Consulting Managers to staff project teams and acts as escalation point for project staffing issues
- Monitor multiple project budgets, project forecasts, and compliance with department policies on project governance
- Ensure Engagement Managers are following best practices
- Review project change orders to ensure they are adequately documented and executed
- Assist in delivery of Optimization Services programs by identifying customer candidates who can benefit from the program
- Work with Delivery Assurance Managers to ensure checkpoints are successfully completed and escalations are managed
- Act as Steering Committee member on selected projects
- Assist with sales to provide expertise on deployment approaches, review project staffing plans and SOWâs
- Demonstrated expertise in Workdayâs project methodology and Product Suite HCM, Payroll, and/or Financials
- 2+ years of Workday deployments in combination with 5+ years of HCM, Payroll and/or Financial systems deployments
- 7+ year of professional services experience
- Working knowledge of multiple business areas including: Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, General Ledger, Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Worker Spend Management
- Prior Project Management Experience; Â PMP Certification highly desirable
- Excellent organizational, mentoring, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and retain staff
- Passion for customer success
- Ability to travel
The Workday Experience is the combination of everything thatâ²s unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, Cantina happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly itâ²s our people. Â Itâ²s everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a workday. Â At Workday, we are committed to equal employment opportunity.
Workday does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Workday will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.Â
||Chicago, IL |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services