Director, Global Mobility Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director, Global Mobility
Foster City, CA
Guidewire is growing our HR team and services offerings to meet the demand for our new products and growing global workforce. In order to address the needs of this international workforce, we need an expert in Global Mobility services who can direct our new hires and existing staff on their global mobility options.
As a Director of Global Mobility, you will report to the Vice President of Human Resources and be responsible for establishing a strategic, innovative, and client focused global mobility program that will provide solution oriented relocation, immigration expertise, general tax knowledge, and on the ground resources to our teams in the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions. The position is located in our Head Office in Foster City, CA.
The successful incumbent will have â€"
- A strong foundation in a corporate HR environment driving Global Mobility policies, process, procedures and metrics to advise the HR and Leadership team on our Global Mobility Program;
- Exceptional understanding of global immigration issues including those between other foreign entities to non-US entities and the ability to direct and report on those issues and work with third party vendors;
- The ability to evaluate, critique and advise on global international assignment management and advise on best practices in order to protect our global mobile workforce. It is essential that the person has a strong customer service ethic and is culturally sensitive to our teams across the 3 regions;
- Experience in domestic and international global relocation at both the staff and strategic levels to include understanding how to articulate new programs, set boundaries for risk mitigation and cost control. Strong preference for personal experience as opposed to solely relying on third party resources for advisement and on the ground support.
- Excellent communication skills and negotiating skills for both internal and external risk strategies on policies and for evaluating our value proposition and how that may affect the overall employment brand globally
- Comfortable in being the go-to-person within Guidewire for all Global Mobility issues and strategies at the strategic level and in some cases providing back-up support on case volume
- Ability to remain cool when dealing with an increasingly complex, distributed and global workforce. Ability to partner with a HR team that may have changing priorities and necessities due to high growth;
- Ideally you will have a background at a global, high growth technology company;
- Demonstrate business acumen and ability to listen and speak at all levels internally and externally with regards to talent acquisition or employee life cycle.
What sets Guidewire's HR team apart?
At Guidewire, we prize clear, rational and collaborative communications plainly based on logic, total commitment to quality, and to making decisions based on factual evidence. In HR, we have a team at our headquarters in Foster City and a distributed group of individuals throughout the world. Since a portion of our team is dispersed throughout the world, your ability to communicate by written, oral and collaborative communications is required. Teamwork is an essential value at Guidewire. Your ability to get along and partner with your teammates is paramount to your success here.
Who is Guidewire Software?
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a very robust market. Demand for our software is on the rise. Our newest offering, Guidewire Live, offers our customers an opportunity to share large problems with the greater Guidewire community and access shared Third Party applications. With an emphasis on high availability, highly secure, and practically follow the sun service level agreements, Guidewire has robust product offerings with more product offerings on the horizon.
What will I be doing ideally?
- Lead the global mobility program by developing and delivering best practices for all of our employees at the staff and strategic level specifically addressing mobility and immigration.
- Provide strategy and advice on global mobility benefits at all levels of the organization and also at different times in the talent acquisition process. This may involve addressing the scope of program services while keeping an eye on the bottom line cost to the company.
- Manage service providers such as immigration and relocation specialists.
- Evaluate and initiate a request for proposal for third party GM vendor relationships to evaluate delivery models, cost, services packages, and advising stakeholders on options and expectations on service levels and expectations to address our team's needs across 18+ countries.
- Execute on our global mobility program identifying and implementing visa solutions, providing business support and ensuring we are able to move where we need to and when.
- Become the go-to-person for all advise for international extended business trip (EBT), Short Term Assignments (STA) and Long Term Assignments (LTA) programs including recommending solutions, qualifying needs, discovering associated expenses, work permits, and assignee administration.
- Provide back up and insight on global tax and payroll programs including but not limited to employee tax advice, tax preparations offerings, TEQ, compensation issues, with an eye on the bottom line.
Our hiring is as methodical, rational and stringent as our Development standardsâ€¦so we're looking for someone who has:
- 15+ years experience in global mobility programs in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated track record of strong career progression preferably at a high growth software development company in a global capacity.
- Former leadership role in developing and managing a global mobility program
- Demonstrated success working both strategically and tactically in global mobility reporting in to the HR function
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong global network
- Ability to present ideas in a business and user-friendly language to employees from all over the world
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Responsive, self-motivated, professional, enthusiastic, team-oriented, and ethical character traits
What about Personal Attributes?
We live and operate by three basic principles. These are the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded and they remain at the heart of all we do today:
- We value integrity in everything that we do-- truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other.
- We are dedicated to rationality-- communicating through clear arguments, building excellent quality products, and making decisions carefully on the basis of factual evidence.
- We prize collegiality-- working together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy.
What's in it for me otherwise?
We know that people work based on incentives so we have a scalable compensation policy. We pay base, performance incentives, and restricted stock units.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guide us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and operations in Poland and mainland China. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services