Director, Global Procurement Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies.
Workday is looking for a dynamic Director, Global Procurement to report to the Chief Accounting Officer and be responsible for global procurement policies and processes, including travel services.Â As a key member of the finance management team, this individual is expected to interact and work closely with the entire business to develop process that will scale in our fast growing, global organization.
- Develop global procurement policies and processes that are highly efficient, scalable, and employee friendly
- Design process for category management / strategic sourcing across all areas of spend
- Work in a matrix environment with the Technical Operations procurement team, ensuring coordination of policy / process / tools rollouts and consistency of practices
- Become a leader in use of Workday procurement applications, utilizing product functionality to the fullest extent possible
- Assist with the design, testing, and update process for all Workday releases impacting procurement functionality
- Design process and systems to optimize reporting capabilities to executive leadership and cost center managers
- Define balanced scorecard metrics for vendors and internally, in the areas of quality, customer service and efficiency
- Direct company-wide travel procurement, including ownership of travel tool, outside agent, and airline/hotel/ car contracts
- Design and administer card programs that integrate with the Workday system
- Implement process for supplier evaluations and RFPâs, continuously rationalize supplier base though a systemic monitoring system.Â Develop and manage supplier performance scorecards, audit company-wide spending to identify areas of opportunity for cost savings
- Partner with legal to successfully negotiate key vendor contracts to ensure optimal pricing and delivery for workday
- As the growth of the company warrants, recruit and retain a highly talented team
- Build and implement vendor punch-outs and other tools to streamline the purchasing process
- Build and continuously enhance policies and processes that scale globally with the business
- BS in accounting/finance required, MBA or CPA preferred
- 10 to 15 years of experience in procurement functions, preferably in a fast growing public companies
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Willingness to collaborate across the business
- Proven track record working across organizational boundaries and levels to orchestrate people and achieve a common goal
- Ability to design and implement policies, procedures and controls in a public company setting
- Track record of superior customer service to employees, customers and/or vendors
- Experience with the implementation and management of procurement systems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Functional Area:||Accounting / Finance|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services