Director, Hardware Engineering Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director, Hardware Engineering
Engineering | Santa Clara, CA, United States
Director, Hardware Engineering
Santa Clara, CA
As Director of Hardware Engineering, you will provide technical leadership on development of current and future generation of appliances for Infoblox products, needed PCIe hardware board design and validation, while achieving performance / quality / cost and time to market goals. You will provide strategic direction by working with cross functional teams including Product Management/Marketing, Platform Software and Manufacturing operations to ensure smooth execution of new hardware initiatives. You will work with external vendors, NPI team, document control, support engineering and supply chain to get proto type and engineering builds for evaluation and ensure that our product meets compliance needs.
- Take the lead in improving current designs, helping supply chain with sourcing and qualifying second source hardware components and replacements for EOL components within current design.
- Be responsible for managing the engineering budget and designing next generation X86 based products based on engineering roadmap and Product Management's requirements. Responsible for delivering a HW platform with a design that meets uptime, quality and time to market goals.
- Own systems requirement documents including performance, compliance, BIOS, Firmware and Electro-Mechanical specifications.
- Provide strategic directions on designing the product [ in house vs. OEM vs. ODM ]
- Oversee vendor selection, DFX reviews, HW BOMs, engineering builds and qualification thru pilot builds for high volume manufacturing.
- Define HW test strategy for all new products â€" including an not limited to Thermal, Mecanical, Electrical and Packaging tests. Plan execution of tests and document results.
- Will be the primary contact for all legacy and new HW Engineering related issues â€" this requires complete ownership of any HW issues and involvement in investigating issues that could be related to HW
- Manage senior design engineers for all Infoblox x86 based server class products.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong mix of hardware & software knowledge of x86 based server class platforms and knowledge of networking protocols such as TCP/IP.
- Proven track record of designing and launching x86 based server / appliance / networking equipment and switches in production.
- A self-starter with high energy, blend of critical thinking to make reasoned and sound decisions.
- Must have business maturity, flexibility and judgment to help the team and organization grow.
- Experienced in managing engineering teams with diverse background. e.g. Electrical Design, SW, FW, BIOS and Mechanical.
- Project / planning skills, ability to work independently as well as multi-tasking abilities.
- Familiarity with all compliance standards for server / network class of equipment. e.g. RoHS, WEEE, NEBS3 and FIPS.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to perform root cause analysis on product failures and execution of closed loop corrective actions on x86 based server / network appliances.
- Has experience with designing for carrier class environments including high availability and high speed data integrity.
- Experience with motherboards, sub-assemblies I/O devices, power supplies, hard drives, memory, SSL / Ethernet cards, SSDs and power supplies is required. Knowledge of HW diagnostics such as PC Doctor, Memtest86 is a plus.
- Must be able to read and understand component specifications including schematics, and X86 reference designs. [Board design and component layout reviews].
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to continually improve cost and quality.
- Prior experience working with OEM / ODM / CM is required.
Ideal Candidate will have a BS/MS in EE and 18+ years of relevant Intel based X86 systems design experience covering networking products, preferably brought several network appliances based on x86 architecture from concept to general availability.
The candidate must have experience supporting all phases of product life cycle thru end of life. Expertise in reviewing electro-mechanical designs, schematics, component layout, and test coverage, for designing a quality product is desired.
Additional experience with special tests including Voltage margin, Environmental Stress, Traffic, Long life and On-going Reliability and on designs with SATA / SAS interfaces and PCI based I/O cards is a plus. Examples: NIC, SSL Cards, EEPROM setup / I2C / GPIO Buses.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services