Director, HR Training & Development Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We are seeking a Director of Training and Development who will be responsible for setting, communicating, and executing the strategic direction for training and development that meets the needs of the current and future organization, its management and employees, and links them to the Mission, Vision, and core values of Splunk. This position will be reside at our San Francisco HQ or Cupertino office and report to the Vice President of Human Resources.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Collaborate with management and analyze training needs to develop a strategic plan for training.
- Develop an internal and external view of L&D in support of company strategic goals. Effectively develop and execute strategic training plan.
- Assess total development needs to drive training initiatives.
- Actively search, creatively design and implement effective methods to educate, enhance performance and productivity.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Create, organize and deliver training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
- Build, manage and enhance internal product training needs across all employee levels and all offices, through instructor led and self-paced curriculums
- Manage existing Learning Management System to include evaluation of existing content, tracking employees' progress and skill development and integration with employee performance management system. Evaluate overall effectiveness of current LMS system and make recommendations abased on strategic roadmap for learning and development.
- Develop self-service support portal including product guides, knowledgebase articles, new release documentation and video tutorials.
- Partner with HR to develop training on various internal initiatives, new policies and procedures, etc. as necessary.
- Develop a skills inventory for internal and external stakeholders to better enable and facilitate L&D initiatives.
- Prepare and manage training budget.
- Work with the department executives and managers on creating development plans for key talent
- Manage the On Boarding process and calendar to ensure that it's rolled out consistently company-wide for all new employees
- Work with senior executives and Splunk leadership team on developing succession plans
- Manage relationships with external vendors in training deliverables and initiatives
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Minimum of Ten (10) years experience in developing and leading training initiatives.
- Experience with alternative delivery methods such as CBTs, Web-based training, and Teleconferencing.
- Advanced computer skills needed, including MS Office Suite including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Adeptness at online delivery of training through a learning management system
- Must display superior verbal, written, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of management and employees
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization
- Working knowledge of current and innovative training tools and learning aids
- Ability to plan and organize accordingly in a fast-paced environment, while still ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Flexibility, with a willingness to handle a variety of projects at the same time.
- Demonstrated creativity and analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with a diverse group
- Self-directed and strong ability to prioritize effectively
- Highly disciplined and organized with a strong attention to detail
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Organizational Development. Masters Degree preferred.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED