Director, IT Turn
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
The Director of IT will oversee and manage all aspects of Turn's Information Technology team, strategy, technology vision, and global infrastructure. This position will bring a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems, providing leadership and direction to all IT team members, harmonizing IT strategy with department-specific application needs, and developing appropriate IT and Security policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and industry best practices.
The successful candidate will have a technical background, be an industry-recognized expert in multiple fields of practice described, and have detailed working knowledge of all other fields within IT including: Windows and Linux Server Operations, Global Desktop and Site Support, Help Desk, Information Security, and Collaboration Technologies (Voice/Video Conferencing/Mobile Devices). Having successfully managed IT teams in other fast-growing environments, the IT Director will be comfortable in an environment of uncertainty and rapid change, will be an expert problem solver, will proactively utilize documentation to create repeatable processes, and will be an established leader whose clear communication (upward, to peers, and giving direction to the team) is effective in rallying teams to a common goal.
Being part of the team of Turn, a recognized leader in online advertising technology pushing the limits of new technology and rapid innovation, this is a chance to support work on an extremely high volume production SaaS network, as well as expand and improve upon our worldwide office network and IT service design.
- Effectively recruit new top-notch members into a growing, worldwide IT organization
- Proactively develop and lead IT and Security strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT and Security initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT applications across the enterprise.
- Demonstrate strong project execution and management skills and effective collaboration to ensure consistent on-time project delivery and high quality.
- Spearhead the development and adoption of innovative technologies that impact Turn as a whole
- Act as an advocate for the organization's IT and Security visions via regular communication and collaboration with the Executive Team, department leaders and stakeholders, and key end users.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement of IT and Security processes, SOX compliance, policies, and procedures for ensuring that applications, network systems and assets are safeguarded.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT and Security applications and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Create procedures, evaluation criteria, policies and standards for the assessment, acquisition, implementation, and ongoing operation of all IT applications within Turn.
- Ensure smooth operation of team, high quality delivery of desktop and office support; gauge user success and satisfaction, and design program for continuous improvement. Identify and fix problems before they are noticed.
- Create and maintain standards for office system design; document plans for rapid, consistent, repeatable and predictable deployment of new offices and work locations.
- Serve as primary liaison with Facilities and other groups for providing IT services to all Turn locations worldwide.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of senior IT management experience in a global corporation
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complex, multi-site IT infrastructure
- Experience managing Linux and Windows environments; Mac experience also preferred
- Experience deploying & operating Video Conferencing and VoIP phone systems (Lifesize, Shoretel)
- Networking technology, Corporate Wi-Fi
- Excellent project management, documentation and and verbal communication skills
- Proactive leader; "get it done" mentality, while following change control methods and processes
- Proven experience in corporate Information Security best practices and with audit / IPO / Sox compliance
- Experience building and operating IT disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Ability to travel to remote Turn offices as needed
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or similar field of study from 4-year University required.
- MS or PhD preferred.
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
||Redwood City, CA 94063 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED