Director, Mktg Global Cell Analysis/Prot Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provides leadership and direction for the corporation?s global marketing, fiscal management and strategic planning in one or more market segments to achieve revenue and profitability goals. Provides direction and support to sales, research and development, business development, legal, manufacturing, and administrative departments? management for market segment revenue generation and operations management. Accountable for strategic and financial performance of global Cellular Analysis Business in alignment with R&D, Operations, Branch Marketing and Product Management, and global Sales Management.
1. Develop, plan, monitor, communicate and implement worldwide business growth strategies (short and long-term) with clearly defined goals, objectives, critical success factors, timelines, budgets and action items.
2. Develop, communicate and implement strategic and tactical global marketing plans including market research, situation analysis, product portfolio management, product positioning and elements of marketing mix (product, price, promotion and distribution) to create competitive advantage.
3. Analyzes and interprets competitive trends, customer needs and wants, marketplace and technology trends, and manages the company?s responsiveness to each.
4. Uses financial analysis and other methods to develop and justify revenue forecasts, budgets and other investment plans to meet business requirements, revenue targets and execute marketing strategies and tactics. Ability to work under budget and personnel constraints, develop short and long-term financial plans. Effectively present data using ROI, gross profit, gross margin and/or contribution margin accurately in various reports.
5. Participate in identifying, assessing and/or implementing strategic collaborations, product acquisitions, and/or joint marketing activities to achieve revenue targets and execute marketing strategies.
6. Works with sales management to maximize revenue and execute marketing strategies by evaluating distribution channel alternatives, adjusting marketing tactics based on distribution channel performance, and ensuring sales teams? (Promega and distributor) needs for sales support material and training are met.
7. Provides R&D management with market-driven input (revenue potential and market characteristics) for product development strategies; works with R&D management at a strategic level to prioritize products under development and manage product commercialization issues.
8. Measures business performance against expectations, report on results, and adjusts strategies and tactics to accomplish business goals.
9. Establishes and oversees a professional, trained and motivated staff through effective implementation of plans, delegation, performance and career development programs.
10. Manages performance of direct reports and cross-functional assigned team members to ensure accurate, timely and complete execution of strategies and tactical plans.
11. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Employs experience and knowledge to grow revenue and improve processes in areas outside of direct responsibility, with particular emphasis on the marketing function in the organization.
2. Travels worldwide to obtain direct knowledge of internal and external opportunities and challenges.
1. B.S. in life science field required MBA or equivalent required.
2. Seven or more years? experience in life science Marketing Management, to include focus on reagents or consumables.
3. In-depth understanding of the marketing functions including: strategic and tactical marketing, marketing communications, market research, product management, distribution channels, competitive intelligence, customer relationship management.
4. Demonstrated ability to successfully synthesize and implement strategic marketing plans to various complexities of product portfolios in excess of $100 million, a department budget of $10 million, and staff of > 12.
5. Proven experience marketing both new technologies or products and more mature or established products. Demonstrated management of product portfolios through multiple stages of a product life cycle. Demonstrated strategic and tactical business execution in achieving market share gain targets for mature product portfolios and new technologies.
6. Good knowledge of existing and emerging distribution channels and how to employ them for competitive advantage.
7. Exceptional public speaking skills needed to represent corporation at external meetings, conferences and organizations. Able to present high-level information for multiple audiences based on analysis and facts.
8. Executes sound judgment, analyzes issues, thinks strategically, creatively, and uses innovative ideas. Demonstrates exceptional problem solving, decision-making, conflict management, change management and negotiating skills.
9. Effectively develops trust, respect and cooperation across all areas of the organization and staff levels. Ability to measure organizational effectiveness, manages career development, create and manage cross-functional teams.
10. Strong market domain knowledge, customer relationships, and the respect of KOLs.
11. Solid technical understanding of technologies, products and applications in Cellular Analysis and Proteomics and a demonstrated ability to apply creative technical solutions to complex unmet research and discovery challenges.
12. Demonstrated ability to utilize market research data, VOC and sales analytics to support strategic direction and multi-year product development roadmap with accountability for investment and ROI targets.
1. MBA specialization in marketing management.
2. Prior experience in direct sales or sales management.
3. Minimum 3-5 years? experience in market research and product management.
4. Prior experience in international sales or marketing management.
1. Ability to use telephone equipment.
2. Ability to use computer equipment.
3. Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 33% of time.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED