Director of Business Applications & Integrations Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Position: Director of Business Applications & Integration
Reports: VP of IT
Location: Foster City, CA
The Director, Business Applications and Systems Integration, is responsible for Guidewire's information systems and integration and is a critical partner with the business in defining the requirements, solution design and selection, integration, information quality and delivery. In addition to the critical business facing activities the individual will direct and is accountable for the full systems development life cycle management of enterprise applications for both support services and implementations adhering to enterprise data/process standards. Directs ongoing support and services of the software, environments, and processes required to ensure data quality and integrity. The information architecture at Guidewire is a hybrid of SaaS and on-premise selections providing an opportunity for strong Master Data Management and Information Architecture.
The team is responsible for solution Selection, design, delivery, Business Intelligence, information integration, data Integrity and support.
We are looking for a leader with entrepreneurial spirit who can inspire change while leading the change necessary for our growth.
- Build alliances across the business constituents
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to the team to help them professionally grow and take on new technical competencies and project completion skills
- Lead the selection of business applications and lead systems integration including technical design, integration, testing, and project momentum and technical project management
- Manage internal integrations from initiation through delivery, including planning, budgeting, project control and status reporting, team management, and bringing the projects on time, on budget, and with a minimal amount of setbacks and surprises.
- Provide a vision of a technical roadmap of where we are today (current state) and to where we need to go for scalability, governance, Best of Class IT services offerings (future state) to help us progress through a IT maturity model
- Clear understanding of the technical requirements of Business Integration and Business Intelligence with equal understanding of business processes and data models.
- Recommend and work with internal IT audit to confirm that projects are compliant with SOX and other regulations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7+ years in managing a high growth Applications team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; ability to thrive in a cross-functional, matrix management environment. Great at building relationships to mentor, manage, and educate all levels within the organization
- Proven track record of building exceptional teams internally and externally with managed service providers.
- Integration experience with Cast Iron or a similar integration method or tool
- Experience with Business Intelligence development and information delivery
- Knowledge of salesforce.com, Workday, intact and RightNow is strongly preferred
- Experience in a high growth company environment with a preference on experience at a software development or professional services organization in a global setting
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions. Experience balancing technical and business perspectives.
- Selects,develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the unit.
- 10+ yrs. overall IT experience in a broad range of both technical disciplines and business domains.
- Knowledge and experience in SDLC methodologies such as Agile and Microsoft Project Management tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MBA or other graduate level degree.
- Knowledge of Rightnow, Intact, Xactly, Oracle e-learning, E-commerce,
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services