Director of Business Development Arxan Technologies
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Arxan Technologies is a high-growth, VC-backed software security company and the world-leader in protecting the App Economy. Leading financial services, digital media, ISV, gaming, high-tech firms, and other enterprises rely on Arxan's technology to protect their applications from attacks by malicious hackers and criminals to keep their brands, IP, and revenues safe. Arxan-protected applications have been deployed on over 200 million devices across the globe by tens of Fortune 500 organizations. The App Economy is growing exponentially and Arxan is well-positioned to lead with its unique innovative technology that makes applications tamper-resistant and self-defending against hacking attacks.
Arxan is seeking a Director of Business Development to develop and manage a set of strategic partnerships, alliances, and other new business development initiatives that enhance the value of the company through revenue growth, improved market position, and greater synergies with major strategic partners. Opportunities span a wide range of strategic partnerships with go-to-market relationships (such as co-sell/marketing, referral, influence, resell, OEM) and/or technology collaboration (e.g., joint/integrated solutions) that add significant value to the business. Example strategic partners include complementary vendors in application security, professional services (security consultancies and outsourcing providers), mobile security, and application platforms. This position will report to Vice President of Business Development and is based in San Francisco Bay Area with some travel (approx. 25%).
Responsibilities will include:
1) Development of new or enhanced strategic partnerships:
- Identify and initiate new strategic opportunities and partnerships
- Develop and position partnership value, rationale, synergies, and business case
- Structure and negotiate partnership frameworks, deal terms, and formal agreements
- Build and foster close relationships with key people in partner organizations
2) Operating management of strategic partnerships to drive their market success and revenue impact:
- Develop, position, and launch new solutions with partners
- Plan and execute successful go-to-market activities with partners (e.g., sales and marketing enablement and engagement)
- Coordinate cross-functional partnership execution with internal and partner stakeholders across product management, engineering, marketing, sales, and finance/legal
- Track and manage partnership business results, especially revenue growth
3) Contribute to new growth opportunities and strategic initiatives for the company (e.g., new markets, business concepts/offerings, business models).
Compensation includes a competitive base salary, bonus and stock options based on experience. Arxan offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid vacation and holidays.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of relevant high-quality professional experience in strategic business development or alliances or in related roles
- Prior experience in developing and managing strategic partnerships that have generated attractive business outcomes
- Prior security industry experience and ideally experience in mobile and/or applications / software development
- MBA from a leading university and/or advanced degree in a technical discipline
- Technical undergraduate degree (e.g., engineering, computer science) preferred
- Track record of exceptional performance at past roles
- Entrepreneurial, highly proactive approach, takes initiative
- Strong strategic thinking skills to identify, analyze, and develop new strategic business opportunities as well as rigorous tactical execution to implement partnering initiatives and drive business results
- Strong relationship management, influencing, and communication skills
- Ability to engage at a technical level with engineering and product management
- Excitement, comfort and preferably experience operating in a fast-paced, ambiguous entrepreneurial environment
- Can manage virtual teams across Arxan and partner organizations and operate effectively across functional areas
Arxan protects the App Economy from attacks in distributed or untrusted environments with the world's strongest and most deployed application integrity protection products. Among today's diverse computing platforms, mobile and tablet apps and packaged or embedded software are all exposed to hacking attacks such as reverse-engineering, tampering, insertion of malware/exploits, repackaging, fraud, intellectual property theft, and piracy. Arxan's unique patented Guarding technology enables sensitive or high-value applications to proactively guard their own integrity by defending, detecting, alerting, and reacting to hacking attacks through a risk-based, customized protection. Arxan's self-defending and tamper-proof applications are deployed on more than 200 million devices by leading Fortune 500 organizations in high-tech, ISV, financial services, digital media, gaming, healthcare, and other industries. Arxan has received numerous awards, including "Best Security Software" at 9th Annual 2013 Info Security's Global Excellence Awards. Arxan Technologies is headquartered in the United States with global offices in EMEA and APAC.For more information, please visit www.arxan.com.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED