Director of Customer Support Thumbtack
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Thumbtack's customer support needs are growing rapidly. We're looking for someone who can lead, scale, and maintain high-quality customer support as our company expands.
You'll be leading a hard-working, energetic, and fun team that spans the globe: a group of 30 in the Philippines handles our email support, and a team of 10 in Las Vegas mans the phones. We've modeled our customer support culture on Zappos' fun, supportive, and silly vibe (you'll quickly discover emoticons you never knew existed).
Thumbtack will grow dramatically this year, and will be launching a new support channel (live chat) as well, so we expect our customer support needs to expand significantly. The customer support team will likely hit 100+ within your first year. This means we'll need a leader who's ready and excited to scale and manage a huge customer support operation. We're looking for someone who loves to take on new challenges and refine processes, and has an endless desire to improve. You'll work closely with our managers on the ground in the Philippines and Las Vegas to maintain and improve our support channels while keeping quality and user happiness high.
- Ensure high standards and consistent experience across email- and phone-based support
- Coordinate communication between email and phone teams, as well as between customer support and product
- Lead new initiatives and direct the creation of new training infrastructure and processes
- Set performance metrics for teams and hold managers accountable
- Build, maintain, and support team managers
- 4+ years of customer support experience
- 2+ years managing customer support teams
- Exceptional ability to create process and human infrastructure
- Ability to use strong data and analytical skills to increase customer happiness and our own efficiency
- Friendly, warm personality - yet with a get-stuff-done, ambitious, and driven attitude
- Strong written English skills
- Experience with Zendesk
- Experience managing remote teams
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED