Director of Education Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: Director of Education Services, Worldwide
Lead the strategy development and implementation efforts supporting the Education Services team at Splunk. Recruit, hire, lead, and develop a team focused on customer delight and ecosystem enablement. Be responsible for the overall Education Services P&L. Work proactively with sales and engineering to innovate and develop content that increases customer adoption. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the capability to excel in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate deep knowledge of both Splunk and Education Services in a software company, lead by example, translate corporate and sales vision into results, become an agent for change, and emphasize a customer service attitude.
- Lead and develop delivery, instructional design, partner programs and operations teams;
- Develop philosophy for Splunk Education Services to be viewed as an industry leader;
- Create partner programs for scale, effectiveness and profitability;
- Ensure the highest quality of experience for our customers;
- Work with Marketing on making sure our external presence and messaging is relevant and compelling;
- Motivate and lead your team strategically and tactically to meet leadership objectives;
- Manage partners for Education globally;
- Develop global go-to market strategy including but not limited to subscription offerings, blended learning options, train-the-trainer programs, rights to restyle and copy offerings, etc.;
- Jointly own customer success, leveraging best practice and focus to ensure our customers are delighted. Work cross functionally with counterparts in Professional Services, Customer Support, and Engineering to help ensure customer success;
- Support and deliver annual performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting team members with building out and executing their individual development plans;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels;
- Conduct regular 1:1's with your team to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Provide regular communication to management regarding important issues impacting sales along with metrics/reporting on team performance.
- Clearly communicate and â€œtranslate the messageâ€ to your team demonstrating Splunk's leadership principles;
- Hold regular team meetings to provide team leadership/direction as well as allow input on issues affecting the team's effectiveness;
- Work cross functionally and participate in global programs and enablement supporting the broader Technical Services community.
- 10+ years in an Education Leadership capacity or similar experience from an enterprise software company
- Previous P&L experience in a high growth technology company
- Experience growing Educational Services & external Partner Programs worldwide
- Previous related management experience required
- Excellent communication skills â€" written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas;
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance;
- BS in Computer Science or Learning Management or equivalent experience.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 6,000 customers in over 80countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks vacation, 2 completely stacked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Monday and Bagel Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, bbqs, soccer, ski trips, on-site yoga classes, health fairs.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED