Director of Engineering
Waltham, MAJob Summary
Thereâs incredible excitement and urgency around cyber security software right now. Protecting the worldâs Intellectual Property is an imperative and Bit9 is at the forefront of this market, providing solutions that protect industry and thought leaders in the Commercial, Retail and Government sectors.
Weâre looking for a Director of Engineering; someone to provide key leadership within the Bit9 Engineering team, driving innovation and delivering product As Director of Engineering, you wonât just build the solutions; youâll also build the team that will deliver the solutions.
Beyond the engineering team, youâll collaborate closely with product management, sales, marketing, and senior management. If you are:
Then youâre exactly the person we need
- Ready for your next challenge
- Experienced as both an engineer and as a development or engineering manager
- Fascinated by software engineering, especially enterprise scale solutions
- Passionate about the software development process
- Able to maintain the delicate balance between quality, speed, user experience and customer expectations
- Apt to take the stairsâ¦two at a time
. Join us in the battle to secure the worldâs intellectual property.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements and Qualifications
- Build and manage the geographically (North America) distributed software development team responsible for Server side components for one of our critical product offerings
- Manage personnel (i.e. hiring, performance management, career development, mentoring) in a high growth technology company
- âClear the trailâ for the technical architects and engineers to charge forward
- Plan and prioritize projects under a dynamic, flexible and changing set of requirements
- Deliver products, on time, under an aggressive and demanding schedule
- Maintain alignment and good communications with the groupâs many stakeholders.
- Foster a collaborative work environment across other software development teams
- Demonstrate the âRespect, Responsibility and Resultsâ philosophy of the Bit9 engineering team.
Why work for Bit9?
- B.S. in Computer Science or related fields.
- Minimum of 7 years of managing a development team that worked on enterprise scale, mission critical, high-availability systems (preferably under Linux)
- Experience managing a virtual/geographically distributed engineering team
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) fundamentals, in particular, agile and other user-driven design and rapid, iterative release approaches
- Experience building highly productive software development teams in a rapid growth environment
- Experienced as both an engineer and as a development manager
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Track record of delivering on schedule
- Familiar with a range of tools and technologies required for development across Windows, Linux and Mac as well familiarity with the challenges associated with Java and Python development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, working well with Program and Product managers
- Able to work independently, make decisions quickly and own the development and release processes of the products
- Experience developing âbig-dataâ and NoSQL systems preferred
- Knowledge of offensive and defensive cyber-security concepts and tactics, secure software development, incident response and/or computer forensics preferred.
- Willingness to âput the team firstâ â nimbly filling holes in the team as needs arise
Bit9 is the leader in advanced threat protection for endpoints and servers. Bit9â²s success is the result of great ideas backed by people with the passion and intellectual fortitude to execute. It is our teamâs shared vision that has put our solutions on over a million laptops, computers and servers across global organizations. Market demand for our products and solutions is accelerating quickly and we need your help. We are seeking individuals who share our core values:Passion, Intelligence, Honesty, Integrity, Accountability, Creativity, Leadership and Teamwork.
As increasingly sophisticated and destructive advanced threats proliferate, more businesses are turning to Bit9 for advanced threat protection of their endpoints and servers. In fact, more than 1,000 organizations trust Bit9 to protect more than 1 million endpoints with our unique brand of real-time visibility and prevention.Bit9 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only direct applications will be considered; no recruiters please.