Director of Engineering, Infrastructure Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director of Engineering, Infrastructure
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
We're looking for ambitious, driven, self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of innovation in online media and technology. This position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
The eHow stack is built using PHP, Python, MongoDB and the latest HTML5 technologies. It is hosted in multiple datacenters and tightly integrated with CDN's to ensure 99.99% uptime. eHow.com serves millions of page views per day and our servers process thousands of requests per second. Our team of 25+ developers ship code when ready and utilize agile development methodologies. Code is always changing and while we rely heavily on engineers to test their own code we utilize a combination of black box testing and heavy automation to minimize negative impact to the business.
We are looking for Engineering Leadership to oversee our Software Product Engineering team and practices.
- Manage â€" A team of engineers responsible for backend infrastructure engineering, performance, day-to-day tickets and ad hoc business requests.
- Engineering - Interface with engineering teams to understand code changes, assess risk and ensure best practices for operational tasks.
- Release - Support an agile/fluid release process with as many as 5 pushes per day
- Operations - Provide adequate response to error alerts, ensure proper monitoring implementation and provide solutions to ensure 100% site up time.
- 5+ years of experience managing software engineers
- Pro-active problem solver, seeking out risk/conflicts/scheduling issues before they cause launch delay
- A strong sense of leadership, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Must be hands on with code to troubleshoot, reverse engineer and code review fixes/bugs
- Experience working with mongoDB (NOSQL) and SQL databases
- Experience with caching solutions â€" memcacheD, Redis
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are necessary for cross-team collaboration
- Experience with Linux / UNIX system admin operations and working knowledge of puppet, git, jira.
- Perform on-call duties for emergency operations of servers as they relate to internal application
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED