Director of Engineering Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director of Engineering
Engineering | Santa Clara, CA, United States
WHAT IS INFOBLOX?
Infoblox (NYSE:BLOX) delivers essential technology to help customers control their networks. Our patented Gridâ"¢ technology helps businesses automate complex network control functions to reduce costs and increase security and uptime. Infoblox is a global company, with operations in 25 countries. Our solutions help over 6,500 enterprises and service providers make their networks more available, secure and automated.
The Director of Software Development will be responsible for leading all Infoblox software architecture and development, of User Interfaces, APIs and Management Infrastructure serving the Network Automation Platforms. The scope also involves leading all aspects of the Usability of the product. It will involve managing a team of employees and contractors located in multiple sites. This position reports to Vice President of Engineering, and will be working closely with Marketing and other functions in the company on product requirements, and with other engineering organizations to deliver a quality product. Outstanding leadership skills and a strong technical background are required to recruit, hire, motivate and manage a talented team of engineers.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of engineers and managers, developing all aspects of the product.
- Recruit and grow the team, with the goal of building one of the best engineering teams in the Valley.
- Coordinate and work closely with other engineering organizations (Program Management, QA, Documentation, Advanced Development), as well as other functions in the company (Marketing, Support, Manufacturing, Professional Services, etc.).
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in methodology as well as technology to continuously increase productivity.
- Support the field organization and customers in a large number of deployments ranging from single box to large grid installations.
- Analyze customer and marketing requests for feasibility, costs and effort.
- Develop accurate project schedules and maintain progress reporting.
Core Competencies/Skills & Knowledge:
- 10+ years experience software development.
- 8+ years experience managing software engineers preferably in a growing organization.
- Experience in both large and small companies is desired (must be able to thrive in startup environment).
- Relevant experience with an appliance technology, and networking products (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls) is desired.
- Full software development life-cycle experience, with proven track record of shipping software.
- Strong technical background in C, Object Oriented programming, Linux/Unix systems, protocols and distributed database architecture.
- Experience with networking and web technologies including TCP/IP, snmp, Auth, and LDAP is a plus.
- Results oriented, product focused with excellent attention to detail and quality.
- Should be bright, creative, analytical, and dedicated to building a culture characterized by teamwork and a desire to meet customer's needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Four year degree required; Graduate Degree in CS, CE, EE a plus
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services