Director of Escalation Support for North America Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director of Escalation Support for North America
Technical Support | Santa Clara, CA, United States
Director of Escalations â€" NAM
Reporting to the VP of Customer Advocacy the Director of Technical Support Escalations is responsible for overseeing customer critical escalations (Severity 1). S/he will work with the escalation engineers to manage the technical and political issues through to resolution. The Director will interact with all levels of management.
The ideal candidate has strong technical abilities, excellent customer support skills and is creative. S/he remains calm in high pressure situations. S/he has strong influencing skills as well as written and verbal communication skills. S/he also has a history of establishing cooperative cross-functional relationships.
(1) Influencing product directions and supportability by providing input in PRDs and product road map discussions.
(2) Reducing top contact drivers by providing timely detailed reports on support incident trends to Product Management and Engineering.
(3) Keeping Support's relationships with sustaining engineering efficient and healthy. Attend weekly bug scrubs and review/help drive weekly dashboard of in-progress escalated issues.
(4) Direct management responsibility for worldwide support escalation engineers and worldwide technical account managers.
- 15 years' experience in technical support handling critical customer's technical escalations
- Working knowledge of DNS and DHCP protocols and configuration preferred
- Proficient understanding of network infrastructure (working knowledge of common firewall, switches, and routers)
- Solid knowledge in TCP/IP and networking protocols such as: VRRP, OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP and Internet protocols such as NTP, SNMP, FTP
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of authentication protocols such as AD, RADIUS and LDAP a plus
- Working knowledge of MS Active Directory a plus
- Cisco or Microsoft certification a plus
- Knowledge of JIRA , Oracle's Right Now CRM, a plus
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to diffuse very upset customers.
- Superior Influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to reach the end goal despite obstacles, emotions, and drama
- Team player and relationship builder. Proven ability to establish cooperative relationships.
- Enjoys Mentoring and Coaching employees
- Able to participate in â€œon callâ€ coverage rotation.
- Some travel required.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services