Director of Global MSP Sales Best Practices Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Managed Service Provider (MSP) contract negotiation, revenue recognition, closing, executive presentations, financial modeling, return on investment, and value selling
- Influence a global sales team [leaders and contributors] on MSP best practices such as contract structure, pricing, negotiation, and overall sales best practices while working closely with legal, and finance
- Drive significant value for the sales force and act as a MSP Subject Matter Expert for corporate support organizations such as product management, legal and finance
- Leverage creativity and determination to drive complex MSP opportunities and increase overall sales productivity
- Provide strategic MSP guidance and influence to the field leadership team while driving adherence to established ethical, business, legal and financial principles
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with largest most complex MSPs while protecting the direct business globally
- Be a good corporate citizen â€" two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management, legal & finance
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Global Managed Service Provider (MSP) Expertise
- 5+ years' experience building and running front line sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large enterprises
- Very comfortable in the â€œCâ€ suite with a track record of negotiating six and seven figure MSP software licensing transactions
- Strong executive presence and polish with the ability to negotiate at the executive level
- Ability to build business cases
- Strong champion building experience
- Ability to coach and develop peers and superiors alike
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
Education: Got it!
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 5,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED