Director of Information Systems and IT Virtustream
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED More information about this job:
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Virtustream (www.virtustream.com) is a leading enterprise cloud software and services provider. The company's secure high-performance cloud platform, xStream, enables hybrid cloud deployments, supports multiple hypervisors, and is the industry's first to offer a sub-virtual machine pricing model that is truly consumption-based. Virtustream?s team comprises of architects, engineers and developers with deep expertise in cloud migration strategies, cloud platform deployment, enterprise application management and advanced data center technologies.
The Director of Information Systems and Technology is responsible for all internal business and financial systems, office connectivity, web and internal network technology for a global data center and cloud computing provider. The Director of Information Systems and Technology reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and manages a team comprised of internal, remote and offshore resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Management of an internal IT team who provide end-user support and monitoring, server and laptop backups, telephones and mobile phones, Microsoft Exchange, CRM, SharePoint, Navision, management reporting systems, new hire provisioning, Teliris telepresence System and On and Offshore software development team.
2. Industry thought leadership on business and Technology relating to cloud services, traditional infrastructures,hosting, and cloud technology.
3. Work with CFO to develop/manage budgets.
4. Mentoring of project team members to continue employee skill development within the team. Oversee training and management of IT staff in new technologies, business processes and implementation of best practices.
5. Single point of contact for all managed technology services providers, hardware and software vendor contracts and negotiations for new or expiring contracts when necessary.
6. Assist with creation of best practices for IT policies and procedures including but not limited to Disaster Recovery, Internet Usage and File Retention.
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS:
1. At least 15 years of experience in the information technology field required including Networking knowledge with at least 7 years managerial experience.
2. Strong leadership skills with experience leading and motivating a team of technical resources. Experience managing teams and supervising a team.
3. Ability to lead and participate in large scale and cross-functional projects, implementations, and migrations.
4. BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or Technical Management. Advanced degree in a related area is a plus.
5. Excellent written and verbal communications skills with strong client-facing and relationship building abilities. Strong presentation and white-board skills required.
6. Demonstrated dedication to quality and client satisfaction.
7. Excellent project-management skills with the ability to deliver results on time and on budget.
8. Enthusiasm and drive with the ability to adjust quickly in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Excellent time management and job prioritization skills required.
9. Ability to travel on a minimal level as needed.
10. Knowledge of Apple Products and Cisco Call manager is a plus.
||Vienna, VA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED