Director of IT Architecture and Planning Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Position: Director of IT Architecture and Planning
Reports: VP of IT
Location: Foster City, CA
Director of IT Architecture and Planning is responsible for the following functions: Enterprise Architecture, Vendor Management Office (VMO), and Program Management Office (PMO). They will be responsible for managing and driving the Architecture and technology Architecture for IT. They are also responsible for establishing a VMO and establishing relationships with third parties to provide the most cost effective solutions for the IT organization. Finally they are responsible for establishing a PMO to develop standards, processes, and metrics to ensure the IT organization delivers projects in a cost effective and predictable manner.
- Drive alignment of IT with business by developing an IT architecture and roadmap to meet business needs. This includes the broad domains of Business Process, Data, Applications and Infrastructure.
- Establish and manage a virtual small Core team of Enterprise Architects, covering the domains of Business Process, Data, Applications and Infrastructure. Also establish an extended team to cover all IT domains.
- Chair the Core Enterprise Architecture Review Board as an active Architecture Governance process.
- Establish and execute a design approval process as a design gateway for all projects as they go through project lifecycle. Also establish an architecture standards exception process leveraging the CIO staff to drive adherence to the roadmap.
- Establish VMO that leverages third party vendors and service providers to provide cost effective solutions that can ramp up/down based upon business needs
- Leverage VMO best practices for contract terms, industry pricing benchmarks, and use of on/offshore vendors to provide quality services in timely manner.
- Establish PMO that develops track record of project delivery on schedule, within budget, and exceed customer expectations
- Develop PMO methodology, p.rocess, metrics and drive training program across IT organization.
- Publish and maintain the 3 year IT Architecture and roadmap. This should actively drive a Architecture to simplify existing architecture and build for scalability and supportability and reduced Total cost of ownership.
- Actively participate in the major vendor selection process, to ensure the right balance between buy for parity, and build for competitive advantage. Also the right balance between in-house vs *AAS.
- Define the architecture and technology standards for all applications and infrastructure across the organization, and ensure those standards are published, updated and made widely available. Setup and maintain an EA repository for all Architecture artifacts.
- At critical stages, guide the architecting of major projects and provide direction to application architects, project managers and developers to ensure that requirements are met in an architecturally sound manner while meeting fundamental technical requirements such as scalability, security, flexibility, extensibility, reusability and supportability.
- Actively work with major vendors and Managed Service Providers to ensure that their roadmaps and understood. Active influence their roadmaps to ensure advantage for the enterprise.
- Establish a small Advanced Technology team that will actively stay abreast of new technology, pilot and prototype the ones that are relevant for the enterprise in line with the architecture vision.
- 10+ years overall IT experience in a broad range of both technical disciplines and business domains.
- Proven track record and 7+ years driving Enterprise Architecture, VMO, and PMO of fast paced mid-size company.
- 7+ years in Senior IT management position.
- Significant experience in matrix leadership.
- Exceptional collaboration skills across business leaders, IT leaders, global business and IT staffs.
- 7+ years experience in High Tech Industry.
- Expertise in broad technology trends and the relevance to business.
- Very strong communication skill as this role will interact extensively with IT, business and vendor senior management.
- Solid experience with IT methodologies and frameworks like TOGAF, Zachman, Agile, Dev/Ops, ITIL and ability to implement in rapid fashion.
- Experience with leading edge technology such as Cloud, Social, Mobile, and Big Data
- Ability to quickly assess both completeness and viability of technology solutions and their long term value
- Proven track record in driving development and delivery teams, especially establishing standards for development methodology.
- Solid experience in business modeling, principles and methods, software engineering tools, infrastructure and network monitoring and management, internal and external distributed computing and emerging technologies.
- BS in computer science, engineering, or business; MBA desirable
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services