Director of IT Information Security Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director of IT Information Security
Foster City, CA
The Director of Information Security is the leader responsible for establishing the information security strategy and direction for the enterprise. The Director of IT oversees and coordinates all information security efforts across Guidewire and is accountable and responsible for enterprise-wide results. The Director of IT provides leadership for the Guidewire internal and customer facing information security program through strong working relationships and collaboration across various departments such as product development, internal audit, legal, sales and Information Technology as well as Guidewire customers and partners. The Director of IT is responsible for the creation and implementation of the Guidewire information security program; risk management framework; information security policy development and maintenance; security education, training, and awareness activities; monitoring compliance with Guidewire security policies and applicable laws; and coordinating investigation and reporting of security incidents. The Director of IT reports directly to the VP of IT/IS.
Additionally, the Director of IT is responsible for developing and maintaining a professional cyber security team that is responsible for providing cyber security protection recommendations and for the administration and monitoring of enterprise security controls.
The Director of IT works in close partnership with Guidewire management to ensure alignment between information security and privacy policies, training, and risk management practices across the Guidewire.
Key areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advocate for all Guidewire information security related issues including the planning and development of information security strategy in support of the Guidewire mission.
- Collaborates with key business and IT leaders to develop security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Guidewire's systems and data.
- Ensures that the Guidewire's IT environment is secured based on the assessed risk to the Guidewire.
- Creates and implements a risk management framework to ensure the appropriate application of controls based on risk. Consults with business owners regarding their information security risks and responsibility in minimizing those risks.
- Works with the Guidewire management to prioritize Guidewire security initiatives and spending based on appropriate risk management and/or financial methodology.
- Coordinates with the appropriate entities in any lawful compliance reviews or investigations related to the security of electronic information and/or any information technology investigation.
- Oversees incident response planning, as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assists with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Establishes security awareness and training standards and oversees Guidewire participation.
- Works with outside entities, as appropriate, for independent security audits, assessments, and intrusion and penetration testing.
- Represents Guidewire internal and customer facing information security for all internal and external communications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ yrs leadership experience and established track record of successfully and directly managing cross functional teams of administrative, policy-focused professionals and security operations staff, matrixed project teams, and budgets.
- Practical experience designing and implementing enterprise information technology security solutions.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of information technology and all IT Operations and how they affect/support the business and how cyber security relates to and impacts the overall IT and business environment.
- Experience working with information security laws and standards generally accepted information security principles, and accepted industry best practices.
- Demonstrated professional experience in preparing and presenting information effectively, clearly, and concisely, in written and spoken form to a wide-range of internal and external constituencies, including non-technical executives, officers, product or service vendors, and managers.
- Experience working in a risk based environment including mitigation, planning and implementation.
- Selects,develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the unit.
- 10+yrs. overall experience in enterprise information technology security.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
Desired Skills & Experience
- MBA or other graduate level degree.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or other Information Security / IT audit certification (e.g. CISA).
Who is Guidewire Software?
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. Demand for our software is on the rise. Our newest offering, Guidewire Live, offers our customers an opportunity to share large problems with the greater Guidewire community and access shared Third Party applications. With an emphasis on high availability, highly secure, and practically follow the sun service level agreements, Guidewire has robust product offerings.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and operations in Poland and mainland China. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services