Director of Mortgage Industry Products Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Trulia gives home buyers, sellers, owners and renters the inside scoop on properties, places and real estate professionals. Trulia has unique information on the areas people want to live in that can't be found anywhere else: consumers can learn about agents, neighborhoods, schools, and crime and even ask the local community questions. Real estate professionals use Trulia to connect with millions of transaction-ready buyers and sellers each month via our hyper-local advertising services, social recommendations and top-rated mobile apps.
Trulia is built on an employee-centric, values-driven culture. We enjoy one another and have been recognized as a 'Best Place to Work' in San Francisco Bay Area and Denver.
DIRECTOR OF MORTGAGE INDUSTRY PRODUCTS
Mortgage is a growing and highly-strategic line of business within Trulia and a vital piece of our overall consumer proposition. Trulia is looking for a talented product management leader who can design and implement products to match our large and growing consumer audience with the mortgage products and financial institutions who will meet their needs. As Director of Product Management, Mortgage Industry, you will play a critical role in guiding Trulia's mortgage product and business strategy through its next phase of explosive growth. You will work directly with the mortgage team to design products and deliver a strategy that meets the needs of our financial services partners.
The ideal candidate will bring expertise in financial services and take personal satisfaction in identifying opportunities to make our mortgage marketplace more efficient â€" finding ways to connect our massive user base to the financial products that meet their needs. They will enjoy understanding the needs of lenders and developing a deep, analytic understanding of ways that Trulia can use its mortgage products to help connect home buyers to their dream homes. They will be analytical with a quantitative approach but also understand the big picture objectives.
The Director will be tasked with achieving five main objectives:
- Develop our product strategy for mortgage advertisers including which products we should build, high-level features required, target customers, etc.
- Define the key features, functionality and specifications for these industry ad products
- Coordinate with design, engineering, product, marketing, legal, finance, third-parties, etc. to successfully roll out these new products
- Identify opportunities to differentiate our product offering and deliver innovative solutions to our mortgage partners
- Develop and manage the industry product roadmap that will help us rapidly scale our mortgage business
- Evaluate strategic partners that can provide additional content, lenders, services and distribution to help us scale traffic, engagement and monetization
- Negotiate deals and execute contracts with partners in a timely fashion to support product development efforts and accelerate business growth
- On-board partners and grow relationships into successful partnerships that reach our stated business objectives
- Develop and nurture relationships with customers including large banks, direct lenders, and mortgage bankers
- Understand lender needs and interests to inform our business strategy and product roadmap
- Solicit feedback from the industry and potential customers and represent the 'Voice of the Mortgage Industry' to the rest of the business
- Recruit lenders to participate on the platform and on-board them
- Collect regular feedback and data from customers to understand how our products perform and identify opportunities to improve lead conversion and quality
- Actively participate at conferences, events, and other industry forums to build our brand awareness and perception in the mortgage marketplace
- Act as an evangelist for Trulia within the industry and identify other opportunities to increase awareness, perception, trial and adoption
- Identify opportunities participate on speaking panels and establish Trulia as a thought leader in the mortgage space
- Develop and refine our market strategy for the mortgage business based on industry structure, market trends, competitive dynamics, customer needs, etc.
- Define customer segments, which ones we should target, which products we should build for each, financial opportunities, etc.
- Define channel strategies to reach and serve the needs of these different segments.
- Own the product vision and roadmap
- Understand industry motivations and articulate needs effectively throughout a product development organization
- Optimize key performance indicators for the site through analysis, measurement, and testing
- Create product requirements that define specifications and tasks needed by to implement new features
- Coordinate rapid, smooth, and successful product launches in close collaboration with Engineering, Marketing, User Experience Design, Business Development, Quality Assurance, and other teams
- 6+ years experience with successful online product launches within fast-paced, agile environments for web and/or mobile applications
- Mortgage and/or financial services experience a must
- Passion for great product and user experiences
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes and metric-driven results
- Prior experience with managing entire product development lifecycle from conception to launch and iteration
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with a data-driven approach to decision-making
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and techniques for high-traffic consumer Internet businesses
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Confidence to interact with team members across all departments and levels of the organization
- BA/BS degree required. MBA or equivalent graduate degree a plus. CS degree or past software engineering background a plus
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED