Director of Product Development Infor Global Solutions, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director of Product Development
Canada, Toronto,250 Ferrand Drive
Monday, May 06, 2013
Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
JOB POSITION: Director of Product Development
JOB LOCATION: Toronto, Canada
JOB SUMMARY: Manages multiple applications and/or technology software development teams on projects of large size and high complexity. Develop and manage within forecasted budgets and financial objectives for projects, employees, and expenses. Set clear performance goals that are linked to business strategy and manage the team for results. Ensures processes, practices, people are aligned toward delivery of product package and documentation as required. Responsible for the overall talent management of all team members including hiring top talent, developing and enhancing skill sets of employees, retention of key talent, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews. Encourage and support geographically dispersed software development model while adhering to quality and performance standards.
* Lead Software Development Team(s):
* Develop and review department(s) staffing development plan, and structure to ensure that they are consistent and adequate for attainment of the organizations strategic objectives.
* Mentors, guides, and coaches direct report management team to ensure department's operational performance and leadership and, in order to expand their capabilities to build management and leadership depth in the organization.
* Ensures compliance with company and employment law-related practices, policies and regulations.
* Supports, communicates, reinforces, defends and assumes accountability and responsibility for the conduct, policy and procedure compliance, and performance of the department(s) within the division.
* Meet with customers and prospects on an as-needed basis to support sales and support needs in field operations.
* Actively participate with product marketing in the evaluation/review of enhancements and the processes supporting this activity.
* Provide leadership in areas of particular experience or passion for the benefit of the entire division.
* Utilize sound planning, resource management and budgeting techniques.
* Maintain and use appropriate records on projects, personnel, costs, schedules and equipment.
* Provide timely input and feedback to upper management
* Supports, communicates and re-enforces the divisions strategies, initiatives and objectives throughout the organization.
* Leads and implements strategic planning process for the departments and/or areas of responsibility
* Anticipate client trends that could enhance the departments, divisions and/or organization's opportunities or adversely impact business results and work with Executive Management to address and/or resolve those trends; notify Executive Management as appropriate.
* Increase overall quality by ensuring that documented requirements are fully understood and products and services are designed to meet those requirements.
* Actively leads in the evolution and reengineering of the development processes.
* Certify project progress with respect to quality throughout the development lifecycle.
* Certify product repair effectiveness for assigned product(s).
* Manage product and client issues/expectations/activities which may include direct client contact:
* Moves through the change cycle, and motivates and leads management staff through the change cycle while maintaining a high level of productivity.
* Provides timely and effective communication with the other functional organizations and executive management related to development plans, issues, changes, and so on.
* Develops cross-functional relationships to address issues including product quality, delivery methods, and client satisfaction.
* Monitor progress toward objectives and adjust plans as necessary to reach objectives.
* Take action as appropriate in a timely manner based on objective data, keeping management informed.
* Resolves issues and roadblocks or escalates to proper owner as needed.
* Inform executive management of relevant problems, issues, or changes in a timely and consistent manner.
* Meets or exceeds internal and external customer expectations on functionality, timelines, and reliability; maintains high standards of ethics and performance; establishes and manages quality improvement processes towards project goals; empowers staff to do the â€œrightâ€ thing â€œright.â€
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* 4 year post-secondary degree or equivalent business experience.
* 7 years' experience in software/systems development.
* 10 years' experience at a management level where a proven track record of development and management can be demonstrated or equivalent business experience.
* 5 years project management or equivalent business experience.
* Demonstrates excellent ability for strategic planning and management execution of goals and strategies.
* Ability to understand and present words and ideas clearly and effectively in written and oral form.
* Ability to make generalizations, evaluations or decisions based on sensory, judgmental, measurable or verifiable criteria.
* Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
* Ability to work on personal computer terminals and review documentation for extended periods of time.
* Ability to develop and manage to a budget.
* Previous experience managing external support issues.
* Helps to mentor less experienced employees in addition to fostering teamwork.
PREFERRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
* Previous experience as part of a Software management team.
* Previous experience with budgeting and/or P&L.
* Previous experience with commercial software/systems development
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.
Send to Friend
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED