Director of Product Management Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director of Product Management
Product Management | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: 917
We're looking for an experienced product leader to help drive product strategy and design for the Brightcove media platform. Brightcove provides cloud content services used by leading media and publishers worldwide to deliver innovative, high-performance video experiences across desktops, mobile devices, set-top boxes, and smart TVs.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a world class development team building systems that operate at enormous scale and power the next generation of video experiences.
Brightcove develops and operates one of the Internet's largest platforms for video ingestion, distribution and monetization. Over 6300 customers worldwide use our Video Cloud and Zencoder to store, transcode, and deliver video to users worldwide. As you read this paragraph, the Brightcove player will have been downloaded more than 20,000 times!
- You artfully combine strategic thinking with detail-oriented execution in a way that gets things done in a fast-paced, globally distributed organization
- You are comfortable talking about services, APIs and SDKs and don't mind cracking open an editor to write some test or demo code.
- You quickly earn the respect of engineers because you can clearly articulate product priorities and requirements and have customer data to back them up.
- You relish customer visits because it's another opportunity to understand their business and technical needs
- Your hands hands-on experience with online video has taught you that you always have more to learn about this rapidly changing landscape.
- You can communicate clearly and inspire confidence among internal audiences, including executives, sales, and support.
- You have the tenacity to defend your opinions against strident objections but the confidence to change course when a better solution presents itself.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the team responsible for definition, design, and release strategy for the Brightcove developer platform for media solutions.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to identify requirements, analyze market opportunities and set product strategy
- Collaborate with finance to model and analyze service costs and develop strategies for maximizing customer value while maintaining appropriate margins
- Manage beta programs to gather customer feedback and ensure successful releases
- Prepare and deliver presentations, demonstrations and product concepts. Typical audiences include executive management, customers, partners and press.
- Research and evaluate competitive products & solutions to help sales position Brightcove's strengths and to inform future product road map priorities.
- Work closely with our partner organization to facilitate integrations with strategic partners
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services