Director of Product Marketing, Solutions Marketing - SF or Cupertino Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director of Solution Marketing, Verticals Marketing | San Francisco or Cupertino, CA, United States Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it! As the Director of Solution Marketing for Verticals, you will be responsible for driving marketing strategy, product positioning, collateral development and field enablement across industries. The role requires you to have a strong product marketing background, be a strategic thinker and be business savvy. You will be creating and executing product go-to-market strategies, crafting and clearly communicating key messages and value proposition. The ideal candidate will have considerable product marketing experience with strong vertical industry focus. The position is based at Splunk's headquarters in San Francisco, California or satellite office in Cupertino CA.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Develop product positioning and messaging for Splunk across vertical markets such as Telecoms, Financial Services, Retail, and Energy etc.
- Define market opportunities and initiatives based on a deep understanding of the vertical industry and market trends
- Drive marketing efforts to build awareness and traction of Splunk with strategic audiences
- Develop product launch and go-to-market plans
- Identify, participate and speak at conferences, press interviews and industry analyst briefings
- Develop close relationships with partners to communicate product positioning and drive development of new industry specific solutions
- Development of sales tools including videos, presentations, whitepapers, datasheets and campaigns
- Deliver sales training and enablement to internal teams and external partners
- Develop customer success stories in cooperation with sales and marketing
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 5-10 years of experience in product marketing from an enterprise software company
- 2-4 years of experience in vertical specific solution marketing preferred
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- MUST have recent marketing experience from an enterprise software company identifying markets opportunities, go to market strategy and product launches
- Comfort with both technical and business discussions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires travel â€" about 20% of the time
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative hi-growth environment
- Live in the Bay Area (this is not a telecommute position) and commute to our San Francisco or Cupertino office
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline, MBA preferred
About Splunk: Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more. Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 5,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more.
Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business. Splunk software has become a platform for machine data! Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world. We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool! SF Only Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
Non SF Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Keywords: Director of Solution Marketing, Director of Product Marketing, Director of Industry Marketing, Director of Vertical Marketing, Solution Marketing Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Industry Marketing Manager, Vertical Marketing Manager, Enterprise Software, SaaS
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED