Director of Quality Assurance Allconnect
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Salary Range:N/A
Benefits:401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, etc...
Employment Type:Full Time
Description:The Director of Quality Assurance is responsible for leading, maintaining and transforming the quality assurance processes and activities to support a highly complex technical architecture. This individual will provide organizational and technical leadership to the QA team and expand the group by providing leadership and value-added services to the company. He/she will partner with multiple parties to ensure delivery of high quality products. The incumbent must be a strategic thinker, excellent communicator and possess the ability to inspire and lead others to achieve the critical mission of this vital functional area.
Duties: - Develops strategies which leverage manual and automated testing to ensure quality of a diverse and evolving product suite.
- Establishes and implements best practices for quality assurance processes. Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for testing and evaluating the reliability of products
- Provides leadership and technical direction to team members in order to solve difficult design problems and technical issues.
- Expands automated testing strategies using commercial, open source and internal tools and ensure comprehensive test coverage by finding defects and verifying fixes
- Engages hands-on with product teams to drive quality strategies, help triage issues in the development process and keep multiple programs on track.
- Helps to drive release post-mortem evaluations within product teams and analyze root cause information to improve development and quality process effectiveness.
- Supervises all quality assurance activities with an emphasis on collaborative methodologies
- Participates in the review of software designs to contribute quality assurance requirements and considerations.
- Suggests and debates alternative methods and procedures for solving problems and improving product and process quality.
- Oversees offshore QA team to support project testing efforts, assign tasks and review work.
Qualifications: - At least 10+ years of recent experience managing software QA team of 10+ employees.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong background in quality processes with the ability to design and develop a comprehensive test strategy.
- Ability to understand business goals and how they apply to the QA team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and decision making ability.
- Demonstrable success working and thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear understanding of the various methods used in software quality assurance required to produce a quality software product while still shipping the software in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to work with members of all departments at a variety of levels in the organization.
- Experience scoping test efforts for large scale projects.
- Experience in testing client server and browser based applications.
- Experience with both White Box and Black Box Testing.
- Experience in test automation (regression and performance).
- Programming skills (sufficient to write automation scripts, and to validate test results in a database, or through some other non-GUI based method).
- 8+ years experience working in UNIX/Linux and SQL/Oracle environments.
- Breadth of technology understanding and ability to communicate with technology professionals.
- Strong customer service mentality with great attention to detail.
- Ability to understand complex software and learn quickly
- Ability to apply abstract product features to real-world situations for testing
- Knowledge of SOAPUI, LOADUI, LoadRunner, QTP and Quality Center is a plus. Coding experience with ASP or VB is a plus.
||Four Concourse Parkway |
Atlanta, GA 30328
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED