Director of Regional Sales - South Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Description Director of Regional Sales â€" South
Located â€" Paris
The Opportunity Our South business has just finished a very successful year and is well poised in each of the countries in which the team operates (France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Israel and North Africa) to be the category leader in Operational Intelligence (OI). It is an exciting time to join and we are in â€˜the eye of the storm' with a disruptive technology that has no direct competitor at this moment. We therefore have a window of time in which we need help with the following key activities:
We are seeking an exceptional sales leader to join our team as Director of Sales for the Southern region of EMEA. This position reports to the VP & GM EMEA. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing sales organizations. This individual will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
- Executing a â€˜land-grab' in the major accounts in South Region
- Expanding in our existing customer base to generate OI references and take down 7-figure deals
- Scale-up through partners by eliminating unproductive relationships in favour of major SI's and respected local partners
- Upscale our message and its delivery to the C-suite so that we can accelerate the rollout and adoption of our technology as an enterprise-wide data platform
Role and Responsibility: I want to and can do that!
- Directly manage the Southern Region sales team and work closely with assigned technical resources and inside sales
- Be prepared to carry an individual as well as team target for first 12 months minimum whilst team and revenues build
- Consistently deliver aggressive license, support and service revenue targets â€" to the number and to deadlines
- Territory mapping, account planning and opportunity management
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with large commercial and government enterprises by selling value and ROI
- Work with inside sales and partners for maximum effectiveness
- Leverage sales engineering and in-house as well as partner services resources
- Player /coach, hands on with the team; very involved with account planning, strategy and sales calls
- Hire the right team to match our growth
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively
- Understand how to leverage both colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer
- Good corporate citizen â€" two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Previous experience building and running front line sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- Previous experience of direct and channel selling to large enterprises
- Very comfortable in the â€œCâ€ suite with a track record of closing six and seven figure software licensing deals
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Use CRM systems (Sales Force) extensively
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
- Success in selling to large Financial and Telco accounts â€" this is mandatory
- Past experience in building start up or early phase US technology companies
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more. Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 3,300 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more.
Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business. Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco. We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED