Director of Resource Management BioStorage Technologies
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The statements below reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the major
responsibilities of the identified position and are not to be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
The Director of Resource Management will be responsible for overall global facilities and
capacity issues including adequate space, equipment, and grounds requirements at all facilities
worldwide. Additional responsibilities include overseeing IT Infrastructure including all hardware
requirements for employees and clients, and directing business intelligence including computerbased techniques used in identifying, extracting, and analyzing business data.
Major Responsibilities, Activities and Task Statements:
1. Oversees and directs the design, planning, construction, maintenance, and alteration of
equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities globally.
2. Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid
sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions
3. Maintains a multi-million dollar global budget and responsible for capital equipment
4. Responsible for all vendors and vendor management (ie maintenance, etc).
5. Develops long range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements and
documentation for facility.
6. Formulates and coordinates program specifications, requirements for proposals and
contracts, and associated documents including negotiation of contracts.
7. Oversees the coordination of building space allocation, layout, and communication
8. Oversees and directs maintenance personnel and workers engaged in equipment
installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventive maintenance.
9. Responsible for building security. IT Infrastructure
1. Manages and coordinates the activities of a staff supporting the company's computer
operations, systems and programming, and network infrastructure & security to assure
effective computer resources are provided to all users.
2. Ensures the optimal functioning of IT/business systems in accordance with all Corporate
and division policies, practices and guidelines.
3. Responsible for ensuring disaster recovery/business continuity plans are adequate to
support the needs of the business.
4. Manages and develops upgrades to the company's telephone system; oversees all
telephone changes, including routing for seating assignments
5. Effectively plans and oversees solution projects to ensure successful fulfillment of enduser requirements, proper & accurate testing, and sound implementation.
6. Responsible for all hardware for employees and clients including onsite, offsite and
7. Works with Sales and Operations in capacity planning to ensure that equipment is in
place when needed.
8. Presents to management recommendations related to purchasing and installing
hardware, software and telecommunication equipment.
9. Oversees switchboard, guest reception and Administrative Specialist.
10. Responsible for computer-based techniques used in identifying, extracting, and analyzing
business data, such as sales revenue, by products and/or departments, or by associated
costs and incomes.
11. Works closely with Operations on metrics to determine how quickly processes turn
around in order to make business decisions.
12. Provides historical, current and predictive views of business operations including
reporting, online analytical processing, analytics, data mining, process mining, business
performance management, benchmarking, text mining and predictive analytics.
13. Uses technologies, processes, and applications to analyze mostly internal, structured
data and business processes to assist with making important business decisions.
? BA in Engineering, Business, or closely related field required and 10 years related
? Requires excellent communication and computer skills.
? Proven abilities in leading, managing and measuring.
? MBA or Advanced degree preferred.
Organizational Core Competencies: The Organization Competencies for the Management Team:
? Customer Centric
? Accountability to Team and Self
? Delivers Results
Managing and Measuring
? Clearly assigns responsibility and accountability for tasks and decision
? Proactively sets clear objectives and measures
? Monitors process, progress, and results appropriately
? Provides timely and objective feedback on performance and takes appropriate action
? Takes a holistic approach, even when addressing departmentally specific processes
? Excels in capacity and resource utilization.
? Delivers individual and team results to the company and clients
Building team behavior
? Collaborative and cooperative
? Encourages a participative process; has a ?win-win? orientation.
? Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team
? Shares wins and successes
? Fosters open dialogue while confidentiality
? Encourage autonomy while holding each other accountable
? Creates a feeling of belonging in a team
? Shares recognition and credit with others.
? Can infuse spirit and influences others to be creative and high performing.
? Motivates others with one?s own vision and plans.
? Acts in accordance with the company values.
? Models behavior that is above and beyond reproach.
? Motivates others to accept a challenge.
? Provides challenging and stretch tasks and assignments
? Is aware of each and engaged in career development for subordinates and/or others
? Constructs compelling development plans and executes them
? Encourages and prepares subordinates to accept developmental moves
? Creates opportunities for individuals to shine.
? Understands and applies the balance among talent, experience and potential
? Hires the best fit available from inside or outside
? Displays courage through consistently upgrading talent and expectations
Business and Industry Acumen
? Knowledgeable in current and progressive possible future policies, practices, trends, and
information affecting his/her business and organization
? Displays industry curiosity
? Knows the market, clients and the competition
? Able to apply business principles to business applications
? Understands and apply company business disciplines (revenue, sales methodology, budget management, etc.)
? Willingly seeks input from others before making a decision.
? Understands the value of civil and respectful discussion/debate and encourages it.
? Finds common ground in completing tasks and solving problems.
? Position located in Indianapolis.
? Travel required, as needed, including both domestic and international travel.
||2655 Fortune Circle West |
Indianapolis, IN 46241
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED