Director of Sales Engineering, Public Sector Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: Director of Sales Engineering, Public Sector
Lead strategic and tactical efforts supporting the Public Sector team at Splunk. Recruit, hire, lead, and develop a team focused on sales and customer success. Work cross functionally within Splunk to promote and influence strategic product direction supporting Public Sector sales and customers. Work proactively with sales and the SE team to innovate and develop technical solutions supporting sales and Public Sector customers/use cases. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the capability to excel in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate deep knowledge of both Splunk and the Public Sector, lead by example, translate corporate and sales vision into results, become an agent for change, and emphasize a customer service attitude.
- Lead and develop three teams (currently) supporting Federal Civilian, DOD/Intel, and State and Local Government. Deliver Sales Engineering services supporting activities needed to make quarterly sales targets;
- Proactively engage with Sales Leadership to create close alignment and develop technical tools/programs to support sales campaigns and initiatives;
- Own the mission for both Splunk and Public Sector, effectively translating the goals of the organization into actionable plans/activities for you and your teams.
- Be the technical thought leader for Public Sector, driving and delivering content/value through efforts around Public Sector specific demos, white papers, speaking engagements, and other content;
- Ensure that your teams are enabled to support all required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Motivate and lead your team strategically and tactically to meet leadership objectives;
- Work closely with Sales and Sales leadership to develop strategic and technical territory and account plans;
- Jointly own customer success, leveraging best practice and focus to ensure our customers are delighted. Work cross functionally with counterparts in Professional Services, Customer Support, and Education to help ensure customer success;
- Support and deliver annual performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting team members with building out and executing their individual development plans;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels;
- Conduct regular 1:1's with your team to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Work cross functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with Public Sector, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations;
- Provide regular communication to management regarding important issues impacting sales along with metrics/reporting on team performance.
- Clearly communicate and â€œtranslate the messageâ€ to your team demonstrating Splunk's leadership principles;
- Hold regular team meetings to provide team leadership/direction as well as allow input on issues affecting the team's effectiveness;
- Work cross functionally to develop global programs and enablement supporting the broader Technical Services community.
- Excellent communication skills â€" written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas;
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance;
- Previous related management experience required;
- 10+ years is a sales engineering/management capacity or similar experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks vacation, 2 completely stacked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Monday and Bagel Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, bbqs, soccer, ski trips, on-site yoga classes, health fairs.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED