Director of User Experience Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director of User Experience
Product Management | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: 909
Brightcove develops and operates one of the Internet's largest platforms for video ingestion, distribution and monetization. As you read this paragraph, the Brightcove player will have been downloaded more than 20,000 times!
We're looking for a seasoned user experience professional to lead our product design team. Working closely with product managers and engineering, you will have the opportunity to lead user research and shape product designs, including both web-based players used by hundreds of millions of viewers as well as applications that enable the world's leading media companies and marketers to manage their online video.
Design at Brightcove
The ideal candidate has successfully led the design agenda for both professional applications and consumer experiences. In addition to managing the team, you must take a hands-on role in leading product designs. You must be able to communicate your vision clearly, back up your opinions with data, and know how to coordinate work in a fast-paced environment with multiple agile teams. You should be comfortable sharing and championing your work, while advocating exceptional user experience.
Who you are
- An experienced leader with 5+ years experience and a demonstrable portfolio of successful projects
- A master of your craft, with a holistic understanding of the design process spanning user research, information architecture, interaction design, taxonomy/nomenclature and visual design
- Comfortable coordinating team members and driving the overall team vision
- Passionate about solving complex design problems in creative ways
- Always looking for new opportunities to study and learn about users
- Proficient at converging short-term tactical designs with long-term strategic thinking
- At home when entrenched within a cross functional team
- Able to drive design from wire frames and prototypes all the way to high fidelity comps
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services