Director of User Experience Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is innovating with an end-to-end operational intelligence platform for Big Data and prides itself in very fast time to value with a consumer software-inspired trial experience. We see Splunk revolutionize how business critical web and mobile applications are operated and how customer behavior intelligence using these apps will be leveraged for business optimization. We also innovate how security and fraud threats are identified and mitigated.
Splunk is a highly interactive Big Data platform, so the user experience matters greatly. In addition, user experience is also key as part of our Splunk Community efforts: Splunkbase and SplunkAnswers. Are you up to the challenge of leading a highly talented team of interaction and visual designers who are innovating on big data visualization, exploration and data lifecycle?
The ideal candidate has a track record of data visualization thought leadership, a strong bias towards user-centric design, and the ability to operate in a technically driven and sophisticated environment.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Lead a team of multiple highly talented user interaction and visual designers
- Provide user-centric design leadership for our base platform, multiple data-driven applications and delivery on premise, in the cloud and via mobile devices
- Provide user-centric design leadership for the entirety of Splunk Community offerings including Splunkbase and SplunkAnswers
- Set design standards (library of design patterns) to enable an ecosystem of third parties building data-driven applications on top of the Splunk platform
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Lead user experience research efforts for Splunk
- 7+ years experience managing UX/UI teams
- Expert knowledge of the complete UCD lifecycle with emphasis on rapid prototyping techniques and usability measurement
- Demonstrated experience with design-driven innovation in a sophisticated technical environment
- Experience designing Enterprise scale UX
- Previous experience in data visualization and ideally exploration of Big Data and/or designing data-driven web apps
- Ideally previous work designing applications targeted at IT Operations, Security Professionals or Business Analysts
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment; experience with Agile a strong plus
Education: Got it!
- Portfolio demonstrated product success in the market for products you have design and teams you have led
- Ideally a Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Computer Science
- Masters degree in UX design or related design discipline
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or demonstrated programming skill with query languages
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED