Director, Platform Revenue Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director, Platform Revenue
Business Development | Santa Monica, CA, United States
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to fill a key role in a quickly growing organization. The Director of Platform Revenue is a key position that helps to drive strategy and revenue for Demand Media's large portfolio of owned and operated sites as well as 3rd party properties Demand Media works with. Ideal candidate will embrace working in a fast paced environment and thinking on their feet while wearing many different hats. Key roles will include analyzing ad inventory on a daily basis and optimizing, interfacing daily with different revenue partners and working closely with site teams to create best monetization practices moving forward as well as explore and establish new revenue steams. Will be working with many different teams across the organization including ad operations, product, sites, 3rd party publishers, publisher development and marketing teams. Role is highly visible throughout the organization and will give ideal candidate a great platform to grow and be heard amongst leaders in the organization and industry.
- Be day to day contact for a variety of monetization partners including ad networks, DSPs, and Trading Desks
- Analyze different potential ad tech partners to understand how they stack up versus our current partners to ensure we are working with the right partners that will be able to help us drive optimal yield and operational efficiencies.
- Continually deliver proactive recommendations for better and more effective monetization efforts, such as, but not limited to, recommendations based on A/B testing, new monetization products and enhancing our existing monetization strategy (e.g. different partners, use of audience data).
- Expert in adserving systems, providing feedback on improvements as well as any issues that one may encounter.
- Work with publisher sites and/or internal technical contacts to resolve any monetization set up or tracking issues.
- Strategize with team members to help come up with ways to improve overall revenue and yield.
- Be a master of overall yield ecosystem able to troubleshoot irregular areas quickly and create fixes accordingly
- Manage other team members
- Traffic campaigns in multiple ad serving environments across multiple formats: display (gif/jpg/flash/3rd party tag), video, mobile.
- Monitor and QA creative tracking after campaign launches to ensure accurate implementation.
- Manage worldwide daily inventory across portfolio of over 50 sites living on a variety of different platforms
- Work with Demand Media's internal rich media creative service team and understand their entire product offering as well as be able to traffic these ads across all of our sites.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business or Accounting (or similar)
- 7+ years ad operations and relevant online advertising experience required
- 2+ years experience managing direct reports
- Experience with video and mobile preferred
- Have working knowledge of all different current forms of new media (display, mobile, video)
- Dart For Publishers, Data Management Platform & Google Adx experience required
- DSM, Yieldex, Shiny Ads, Ad-Juster, JIRA preferred
- Strong analytical capability and Excel proficiency required
- Experience in business development and negotiations a plus
- Experience working within an ad networks environment
- General knowledge of overall ad tech landscape
- Candidate must possess excellent attention to detail, be self-motivated and self-organized, impeccable organization skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere to meet tight deadlines.
- Employ detail oriented project management and entrepreneurial skills to execute in a fast moving environment
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED