Director Product Management - Competitive Intelligence Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
The Director - Product Management, Competitive Intelligence will be responsible for driving a scalable program of competitive product intelligence for Splunk. The competitive arena spans the entire Big Data Operational Intelligence space, including IT Operations/Application Management, Security and Big Data Online Customer Analytics. The role will also span the entire competitive value chain from hands-on technical evaluation all the ways to field enablement. This role presents an excellent opportunity for the right individual to play a key role and establish himself or herself in an exciting, growing and world-class enterprise technology company. The Senior Product Manager, Competitive Intelligence will report directly to the VP of Product Management. A strong track record of success in product management/marketing within enterprise software is essential.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Develop scalable competitive intelligence program including hands-on product evaluation, win and loss analysis and field knowledge management.
- Research and maintain competitive intelligence materials, including technical analysis of different solutions. Prepare and write competitive briefs for sales, marketing, development and executive teams.
- Present competitive materials regularly to the sales teams via on-site and virtual enablement sessions. Develop presentations, whitepapers, product guides, technical briefs and other tools, to enable sales teams to sell Splunk technology effectively
Education: Got it!
- 5-8+ years strong, proven track record in product management/ competitive intelligence at an enterprise software company.
- Passionate about building world-class competitive intelligence programs for an equally passionate, technology savvy audience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products, security solutions and big data solutions.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative, enterprise technology environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED