Director, Product Management, Consumer Search Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Trulia gives home buyers, sellers, owners and renters the inside scoop on properties, places and real estate professionals. Trulia has unique info on the areas people want to live in that can't be found anywhere else: users can learn about agents, neighborhoods, schools, and crime and even ask the local community questions. Real estate professionals use Trulia to connect with millions of transaction-ready buyers and sellers each month via our hyper-local advertising services, social recommendations and top-rated mobile apps.
Trulia is built on an employee-centric, values driven culture -we enjoy one another and have been recognized as a 'Best Place to Work' in San Francisco Bay Area, and Denver.
Trulia was founded in 2005 and is backed by Accel Partners and Sequoia Capital.
Director, Product Management, Consumer Search
Trulia is looking for a talented Director Product Manager who can help us stay on the cutting edge of innovation and continue to deliver a category-leading search experience to our large consumer audience of buyers, renters, owners, and sellers. As Product Manager, Search, you will play a critical role in helping us grow an engaged consumer audience by leaps and bounds.
Your responsibilities will include helping to define the product vision and roadmap for the core search experience on our website and working with world-class engineers and members of cross-functional teams to execute on that vision. As part of your job, you will come up with creative product ideas, clearly articulate use cases that will be solved with those ideas, and deliver product launches in a rapid innovation environment. In this role, you will have freedom and ownership to turn your ideas into great products.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of successful online consumer product launches, deep experience with search products and platforms, strong analytical and quantitative skills, passion for creating differentiated products and user experiences, and excellent team skills to quickly ship products.
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative company at a time of amazing growth and a team of fun passionate people with a vision to help our users make smarter decisions about buying, renting, owning and selling homes.
- Increase Customer Satisfaction with Search by improving search results relevancy, organization, refinements, comparisons, and interfaces
- Drive more Home Connections such as views, follows, and leads by improving search accuracy, filtering, presentation, relevancy, and personalization
- Increase Consumer Registrations and Profile Information through search alert subscriptions, advanced search tools, personalization and other search features
- Develop innovative approaches to Search and Discovery to drive consumer engagement, home connections, and customer satisfaction
- Optimize Key Performance Indicators for the site through analysis, measurement, and testing
- Create Product Requirements that define specifications and tasks needed by Engineering to implement new features
- Coordinate rapid, smooth, and successful product launches in close collaboration with Engineering, Marketing, Product Management, UX/Design, Quality Assurance, and other teams
Why should you work with Trulia?
- 6+ years experience with successful online consumer product launches within fast-paced, agile environments
- Demonstrated experience with search products and platforms for consumer-facing applications
- Passionate advocate for great product and user experiences that delight consumers
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes
- Prior experience with managing entire product development lifecycle from conception to launch and iteration
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with data-driven approach to decision-making
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and techniques for heavily-trafficked consumer websites
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Confidence to interact with team members across all departments and levels of the organization
- Familiarity with MySQL or similar tools to access and manipulate data for analysis
- Familiarity with search platforms and technologies such as Solr/Lucene
- BA/BS degree required. MBA or equivalent graduate degree a plus.
- Our product managers and engineers are passionate and smart. We have a lot of leeway on how we do our work, and take that responsibility seriously
- We're not afraid to try things that may not work
- We are serious about agile development practices, and use them to work more efficiently and effectively
- We work out of a gorgeous office in an unbeatable location in downtown San Francisco; one block from BART/Muni
- We've got a stocked kitchen, and a kegerator
- We're growing like crazy
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED