Director, Product Management Sparta Systems
As a member of the product management and strategy organization you will be responsible for the overall end-to-end product lifecycle for assigned products, from concept through successful release, including balancing workload within the team, establishing cross-departmental solutions and processes to continuously improve product delivery, assisting the team with any issues or roadblocks, and progressing team career development. As the owner of the product launch process, you will ultimately be responsible for the delivery of all releases, which will at times require direct ownership of large initiatives to ensure completion. As part of the Product Management team, you will also actively participate in the collaborative effort of developing corporate and product strategy, market analysis, and go-to-market strategy, e.g. sales readiness, product positioning, launch planning and execution, and thought leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead in the development and implementation of Sparta?s strategic direction with a focus on the company?s product offerings, working with the team to define product strategy and the product roadmap based on market trends, market opportunity, customer needs, competitive analysis and input from sales, marketing and analysts.
2. Manage the end-to-end product lifecycle from concept through release for all releases and initiatives, coordinating with the individual product owners to understand the status and direction of all ongoing projects, balance efforts across the team, and escalate any issues as needed.
3. Participate as a member of the team that develops product and vertical strategy and direction. Work with project management to ensure that the management team has clear, prompt visibility into resource requirements and deficits, product definition changes, and project status, and participate in product retrospectives for iterative improvements to the process.
4. Ensure product related customer commitments are tracked, understood and delivered, including managing necessary internal and external communication of status and changes.
5. Act as the ?face? of Sparta?s products and solutions, evangelizing offerings through communication channels such as analysts, press, conferences, webinars, customer and prospect meetings, etc.
6. Monitor and drive all phases of product initiatives and releases including: reviewing and/or writing market driven business requirements, working with business analysts on functional specs, and monitoring results of testing. Oversee supporting documentation, including release and launch package materials and packaged product documentation through to completion, including executive sign-off for initial and final release packages.
7. Strategically guide cross-functional product launch programs; ensure integrated execution plans across marketing, sales, inside sales, solution consulting, services, support, and training teams.
8. Maintain strong working relationships with customers and prospects, working with product owners to define new product needs and wants. Obtain feedback from customers through running product planning and product review programs, drive selection and prioritization of customer-driven initiatives with internal decision makers, and communicate requirements to product development.
9. Work closely with sales to develop key executive relationships to build industry advocacy and legitimacy for product initiatives. Participate in key sales efforts for strategic accounts/ opportunities as solution evangelist and assist with partner efforts as needed.
10. When necessary, work across relevant departments to create product marketing collateral and product sales tools, such as product positioning, product presentations, sales proposal templates, competitive sales tools and white papers.
11. Own the onboarding of new employees within the product management group and the career development cycle of existing members of the product management team.
12. Oversee P&L for new products and evaluate further investment and program expansions backed by business plans with ROI.
13. Conduct competitive analysis on current, planned, and potential future solutions: drive internal understanding of the competitive landscape.
1. 10 years of experience with enterprise B2B software in sophisticated solution-selling environments and/or product management
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience leading/managing a team.
3. Minimum of 5 years of product marketing, product management, or other relevant experience, preferably in an enterprise software company.
4. Degree in Marketing/Computer Science/Engineering/Science or other relevant field. MBA and/or advanced degree preferred.
5. Comfortable speaking both in front of small groups of executives and large mixed audiences.
6. Able to travel up to 33% domestically and internationally.
7. Experience analyzing customer needs and writing detailed requirements documents.
8. Experience interfacing directly with customers and a sales organization.
9. Experience in leading/coordinating large multi-departmental initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Self-starter with excellent organization and time management skills.
2. Strong ability to manage multiple large complicated software products with competing priorities with a team of direct reports.
3. Strong ability to lead by example and manage large complicated projects with individuals who are not direct reports.
5. Ability to assess market needs to position, price and promote product in a B2B market.
6. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially with customers and sales force.
7. Excellent presentation, analytical, and logical skills both verbal and written.
8. Excellent at speaking before large audiences (25+).
9. Well versed in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
||Holmdel Corporate Plaza |
2137 Highway 35
Holmdel, NJ 07733