Director, Product Management - SaaS Platform Vendavo
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director, Product Management - SaaS Platform
Mountain View, CA
Vendavo is seeking a Product Manager with a deep background in SaaS product management to join our Mountain View, CA based team.
Vendavo is the leading provider of price management and optimization solutions for business-to-business companies worldwide.
Vendavo solutions include comprehensive pricing analysis, optimization, price setting, and deal execution capabilities that help companies improve profits. Leading companies across chemicals, high-tech, industrial manufacturing, consumer products, mill products and distribution industries leverage Vendavo solutions to drive higher profits.
As Product Management Director, SaaS Platform S/He will be responsible for guiding development of Vendavo's Software as a Service Platform. S/He will partner across Product Management, Engineering, and the Hosting Operations teams to guide development and management of core platform functions and common product services.
The Platform is the core, enabling element for Vendavo and provides a set of common services that will be used by customers and internal organizations to create, deploy and operate our SaaS offerings.
To be successful in this role, S/He will need a solid understanding of SaaS platform and Agile application development. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to managed a SaaS product lifecycle, including key platform components like identity and access management and control, administrative and configuration capabilities, as well as SaaS applications. The SaaS Platform Product Manager will have a deep understanding of business requirements and technical needs, SaaS Best Practices and have the ability to build great solutions.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Present product and solution roadmaps to existing customers, prospects, internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
- Product Managing, Designing and working with and Engineering to implement various aspects of our cores SaaS platform and infrastructure
- Participate in developing the overall platform product strategy and roadmap. Create, execute and communicate the multi-year roadmap; proactively conceive, document and drive the creation of new features to achieve the goals and strategy for this critical product area.
- Own the product backlog and prioritize product enhancements, customer and partner requests by ruthlessly making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment.
- Provide mentoring & governance across product and technology by participating in discussions and design reviews across organizations.
- Work diligently to improve on processes and governance methodologies for service oriented architecture
- Working across the entire organization to evangelize the merits and differentiation of our SaaS platform
- Works closely with the Hosting Operations team to ensure that both Customer and Product service levels and deployments are best in class
- S/He will work closely with Vendavo's User Centered Design team to ensure that the SaaS platform delivers a delightful user experience
- Represent our new products to field staff and key early customers and prospects in sales cycles as each generation of our SaaS products are deployed
- 5-10 years of software product management, product development, or technical professional services experience. A solid understanding of the product development lifecycle and product management processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of SaaS product, architecture and deployment concepts. Experience building high-scale, multi-tenant SaaS applications is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate between and build â€œPlatformsâ€ vs. â€œProductsâ€ with experience managing the development of internally used platforms and common services.
- Excellent strategic thinking and prioritization skills. Ability to create a winning roadmap to achieve business goals while making difficult tradeoff decisions.
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions independently, to sell ideas to management and make convincing arguments for the direction of the products and platform.
- A demonstrated track record of successfully working with other product and business organizations, development and QA to deliver high quality products and platforms.
- Knowledge of key SaaS concepts, like CMRR, churn, CAC, CLTV
- Strong organizational skills: task prioritization, effective time management, meeting facilitation, conflict resolution, and risk identification and mitigation.
- Strong knowledge of competitive and product positioning landscape in pricing or related areas is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Prior experience with global development teams using the Agile software development methodology
- Familiarity of the Pragmatic Marketing framework or Certification from Pragmatic Marketing is a plus
- B.A./B.S. in business, computer science, or engineering required
- MBA desired
||Mountain View, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED