Director, Research & Development PatientsLikeMe
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description
PatientsLikeMe is embarking on an exciting stage of development to expand our award-winning R&D team. We are looking for an experienced leader to direct one of the world?s most innovative healthcare teams to improve our product, conduct commercial studies that bring the patient?s voice in to the heart of healthcare, and use the immense power of our platform to conduct transformative research.
Using your analytic skills and experience of executing high-quality research projects you will develop new tools and employ PatientsLikeMe?s shared health data to answer questions like:
- How can we improve patients? lives?
- How can we improve the data we collect from our patients, whether through self-report or integrating other data sources?
- Where are the pressure points in the healthcare system we can apply these data?
- What problems do patients face and how can we use our platform to discover them?
- What can pharma do better by listening to patients?
- How can we empower others to develop new measures of function that could be developed and validated online?
In addition to being an expert researcher, as an accomplished writer, communicator, and PowerPoint expert, you will succinctly communicate the key findings to diverse audiences including scientists and senior business executives. As manager of the R&D team you will set strategy, goals, and maintain progress with a diverse team of experts from backgrounds including genetics, predictive modelling, and outcomes development. Working directly with the senior management team you will develop the team and share lessons learned from each project to help us improve our platform and business. As a pioneer in research, you will make sure that PatientsLikeMe continues to go from strength to strength in conducting rigorous and high-impact science.
- Put patients first in everything that you do
- Build and manage a multidisciplinary team of researchers
- Take requirements from customers (internal & external) and develop methodologically rigorous research designs to answer their questions and solve patients? problems
- Define, research, pilot, and scale up initiatives to make our product better and help more patients
- Publish high-impact peer-reviewed journal articles with leaders in the field
- PhD or Master's level education; prefer expertise in clinical research, patient-reported outcomes, informatics, or drug discovery
- 5+ Years experience in human clinical research; demonstrated experience in research design, data collection, data analysis, and publication
- 3+ Years industry experience (e.g. pharma, payers, CRO)
||222 Third Street |
Cambridge, MA 02142
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED