Director, SEC Financial Reporting Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Director, SEC Financial Reporting
Finance | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. This position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
- Responsible for overall SEC compliance and financial statement preparation, including but not limited to drafting SEC Forms S-1, 10K, 10Q, 8K, detail transaction, MD&A and disclosure/analysis, GAAP accounting analysis and memos, internal and external financial reporting, including detail variance analysis, monitoring integrity of system generated calculations, and interfacing with external auditors, internal auditors and management to provide business solutions that comply with GAAP accounting guidelines and meet business and regulatory objectives.
- Evaluate accounting issues, conduct research to identify applicable accounting guidance and support prep of position papers documenting issues, facts and conclusions for issues identified.
- Work with varying levels of personnel and management, both inside and outside the company; work with program management in clarifying pertinent facts and circumstances and testing such against applicable accounting guidance to ensure appropriate analysis of issues and concluding accounting treatments.
- Support monitoring and validation efforts for internal controls.
- Should posses a strong knowledge of overall financial and internal controls and be able to support a Sarbanes-Oxley compliant environment.
- Provide hands on support for varying ad-hoc projects.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 6-12 years total related work experience.
- Must have thorough, in-depth and working knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SEC rules and filing requirements, including experience with SEC filings, rules and requirements within a currently publicly traded company on a major stock exchange.
- Requires at least 4-10 years of Big 4 public accounting experience, including working knowledge of Rule 404 under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and audits of larger SEC companies. Direct working experience is highly preferred; however, heavy Big 4 experience will be considered.
- Experience with Oracle is preferred, but not required
- Strong SEC experience and institutional US GAAP knowledge are required for this role
- Must have strong communications skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills. Experience of communicating within a dynamic, growing and internet-based environment are preferred
- Experience working with a Big 4 public accounting firm and/or a large public or private company
- Aptitudes to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, and legal documents. .
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and other public groups.
- Knowledge and proficiency in standard computer programs such as Word, Excel and email and internet applications.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED