Director, Supply Chain Management SafeNet Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Organization NameSupply Chain
At SafeNet, we employ the brightest and smartest people in the world. With more than 50 offices worldwide and 1,600 employees, we know the importance of acquiring the very best talent to make our company succeed. No matter what the job is ? technical writer, software engineer or a customer service representative ? we're always looking for our future leaders. Our number one goal is to staff our company with highly motivated employees that are eager to put their fingerprints throughout SafeNet and help drive us to continued successes. So if you're ready to be part of something special, we're ready and waiting. SafeNet, get inside.
The Director will be results driven and customer focused, with a passion for continuous improvement. The successful candidate for this role will promote a high performance team environment and operate with integrity and professionalism. The Director is the Supply Chain Operations single point of contact working with the Contract Manufacturer and is the primary interface between the Business Unit/Product Management and Operations team. This role requires a strong influential leader, with business and technical knowledge of the products and processes necessary to assist the product line, while at the same time, grasping the operational requirements to meet revenue, inventory utilization, on time delivery, product lead time, product cost and quality objectives. This role encompasses management of critical interfaces with the areas of Distribution and Logistics, Forecasting, Customer Service, NPI and Operations Engineering, Product Management and Engineering, Quality Assurance, Strategic Sourcing and Finance.
- B.A or B.S. Degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- MBA a plus
- CPIM a plus
- Over 10 years Operations management in a high technology outsourced manufacturing model, including comparable roles is similar sized companies (1500 employees or more).
- 7+ years Project Management experience.
- Must have a clear understanding of supply chain management ? procurement, demand planning, scheduling, materials management and adequate knowledge of the electronics manufacturing industry.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory management including purchasing, product yield and inventory control.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of the organization as well as across functions to drive team-based goal achievement.
- Solid analytical, communication, interpersonal, presentation and time management skills.
- Ability and experience in leading and working with international teams.
- Reacts to situations with a sense of urgency and drives robust solutions to problems; able to balance multiple priorities.
- Organized, detail oriented and methodical ? equally adept at planning and executing.
- Willing to make and be accountable for decisions.
- Excellent negotiation skills; able to influence outcomes in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Sales, Finance, Order Management/Customer Service and all aspects of Operations in a fast pace environment.
- Proficiency in PC, Microsoft Office applications and Oracle ERP.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Product Line Operations Management
- Overall responsibility to develop strategy and implement plans to support attainment of supply chain key objectives in the areas of cost, on-time delivery, lead time reduction, while maximizing inventory turns for a given product line.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to strategize, plan, and execute special projects involving supply chain ? e.g. end-of-life projects, new component qualification projects, acquisitions or supplier rationalization related initiatives.
- Successfully lead problem solving exercises with Business Unit and Operations team members for a given product line to reach quarterly goals.
- Understands the manufacturing process and supply chain to be able to contribute ideas, strategies and tactical measures which support the overall Business Unit and Operational objectives of the company.
Contract Manufacturing Program/Relationship Management
- Primary point of contact in management of tactical and strategic Contract Manufacturing (CM) relationships.
- Leadership of the internal/external Operations team to insure the CM executes on the product forecast and meets committed delivery dates.
- Support S/C Project Manager in leadership of cross-functional team meetings with the CM.
- Management of product cost with the CM. Provide quarterly cost roll information to Finance.
- Work with Strategic Sourcing and CMs to development and execute product cost reduction initiatives.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing to manage RFQs and support supplier negotiation and selection decisions.
Forecast and Demand Planning
- Participation in collaborative forecasting/demand planning activity.
- Management of inventory levels for products assigned and provide recommendations on excess and obsolete material.
Distribution and Logistics
- Work with leadership of Distribution and Logistics the develop solutions in concert with supply chain management initiatives.
New Product Introduction
- Overall responsibility for the development of the supply chain strategy to meet new product introduction requirements. This may include:
o Develop sourcing plan for prototype builds and production
o Support NPI PM, as needed, in the management of the CM for the tactical execution of prototype and pilot deliveries
o Quote and award process
o Ownership of tracking to production target cost goal
- Report on key metrics for dashboard reporting related to Supply Operations objectives (cost, delivery, inventory management).
- Prepare and present briefings to management as needed.
- Collect and report on Supplier Evaluation performance metrics.
- Strategize, plan and execute improvements to supply chain related processes, infrastructure and reporting methodologies.
- Primary point of contact to support process improvement initiated from outside of supply chain.
Scope of Responsibility:
In this role, the Director is the primary point of contact with Contract Manufacturers and has global responsibility for fulfilling internal and external delivery commitments for a product line. The successful candidate will assume the cross-functional team lead role in working with the CM and internal functions on tactical and strategic matters. The Director will be responsible to meet relative objectives related to product cost, lead time, on-time shipments, quality, inventory, scrap, E&O and supply chain readiness for new product introduction.
SafeNet continually strives to offer employees a strong benefit package with access to some of the best plan options available. As a result, our benefit package covers a broad spectrum of options for our employees. In addition, we also offer competitive salaries and telecommuting opportunities for some positions.
SafeNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce while maintaining an alcohol and drug-free workplace. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
||Columbia, MD |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED