Director, Systems Engineering Vendavo
Director, Systems Engineering
Who we are:
Vendavo is the leader in front-line profit optimization. We help companies be more profitable by delivering simple, actionable guidance to the front lines, enabling salespeople to negotiate confidently and sell more profitably. Vendavo is the solution trusted by some of the largest companies in the world, including 3M, IBM, Ford, Dow, Office Depot, Philips, Dell, and Newell Rubbermaid.
As Vendavo expands into new product and market segments, we are looking for a rock-star Director of Systems Engineering to help us break new ground with the launch of our first SaaS product. You will play a key role in helping us successfully bring this and other products to market, we well as supporting the Sales team as they acquire new customers.
What you will do:
- The Director, Systems Engineering owns the System Engineering practice for Global Solutions Delivery and is responsible for defining and developing the set of roles, skills, activities, practices, tools, and deliverables applied at every phase of the deployment/customer life cycle to ensure that a solution will be designed, implemented, and operationally supported to meet the non-functional performance requirements
- Non-functional requirements definition, definition of critical use cases, review of design for performance, performance test design, hardware and database sizing and capacity planning.
- Implement scalability best practices, scalability testing planning, development and execution, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Ensuring all performance monitoring software is deployed and configured. Ensure processes and procedures are in place for on-going maintenance and tuning.
- Develop customer on-going health check approach for customers in production.
- Implement and manage the methodology and processes needed to ensure consistent, repeatable system performance. Ensure the approach to performance for each project/customer is adhered to.
- Develop and implement reporting and tracking mechanisms for overall status of the Systems Engineering thread for all projects and customers.
What you need to be successful in this role:
Demonstrated experience in the following:
- Deep understanding of system software engineering principles like locking, caching, networking and file system and design/development for performance
- Team player as responsibilities require interaction with engineering and solution development teams
- Disciplined and methodical approach towards performance engineering
- Background in high performance computing systems.
- Ability to clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders and to work effectively with customers and senior management on communicating status and issues around the performance management practice
- A minimum of 10-12 years of experience as global performance engineer/architect Must have 10 years plus experience on technologies like Java, Oracle, SQL,, Web technologies, Web Servers, Web application Servers etc. 5-7 years experience in performance engineering and technical architecture background.
Ã˜ Performance monitoring and integrated operational processes.
Ã˜ Performance test planning, setup, and execution
Ã˜ Performance test scripting and test data management
Ã˜ Capacity estimating, modeling, or planning
Ã˜ Deep J2EE systems architecture knowledge and skills
- Increase business revenue by ensuring the system can process transactions within the requisite timeframe
- Eliminate system failure requiring scrapping and writing off the system development effort due to performance objective failure
- Eliminate late system deployment due to systems issues
- Eliminate avoidable system tuning efforts
- Avoid additional and unnecessary hardware acquisition costs
- Reduce increased software maintenance costs due to performance problems in production
- Reduce increased software maintenance costs due to software impacted by ad hoc performance fixes
- Reduce additional operational overhead for handling system issues due to performance problems
||Mountain View, CA |